When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Bb

bertieng

I don't believe that there's really a 1:1 Rep out there. There are always some little differences (and I don't mean this in a negative way !) - that's just the way it is...

All of our trusted Dealers honestly keep saying "a Rep is a Rep !"...

Yes, many parts are interchangeable, some Reps even take genuine Parts - but 1:1

would mean an exact copy - these just don't exist.

Why these 1:1 copies are never been done ? Well, that's another point which we discussed many times with different results...

:)

I don't believe that there's really a 1:1 Rep out there. There are always some little differences (and I don't mean this in a negative way !) - that's just the way it is...

All of our trusted Dealers honestly keep saying "a Rep is a Rep !"...

Yes, many parts are interchangeable, some Reps even take genuine Parts - but 1:1

would mean an exact copy - these just don't exist.

Why these 1:1 copies are never been done ? Well, that's another point which we discussed many times with different results...

:)

I compared it to the gen and it is a 1:1 copy and as said before the movement is the only givaway - other than that it is spot on. I own a large number of reps 30+ and this is the only one I walk into an AD with since they have no clue that it is a rep - unless I take it off my wrist and they turn it around.

Just too bad it doesnt fit a swiss 7750....I would be willing to spend the amount.

To those that own it for some time now: How satisfied are you with the movement ?

I'm probably lucky in this dept. Very satisfied with the movement, extremely accurate, rotor smooth and quiet (an improvement), setting date extremely smooth (a first), chrono "on" pusher is only now starting to get sticky after playing with it probably too much.

The case and caseback are missing some engraving. Between the lugs (well sort of lugs) the case should have Stainless Steel engraved and the caseback is missing the correct model numbers. The 7753 and 7750 are not interchangeable as the datewheels are different sizes and will not align in the dial window. To remove the strap you need to unscrew the bezel screws immediately in line with the strap (these go through the strap plate that goes under the bezel), then undo the 2 screws on each strap plate - the strap can then be removed. Replacement is a reversal.

I showed mine to my AD the other day - they were gobsmacked and I compared it to one in their window - impossible to tell apart from the date numbers.

Excuse me guys but I have to object. The engravings are on most models but it has been stated a hundred times that Hublot is very very flexible in its product offerings. For example: Engravings have changed on new releases as compared to older releases of the same watch (formally there was a two line case number and serial, newer releases use a 301-W or 301.M code on the steel version but one lined and an additional 6 digit id number). Furthermore,

I know the owner of a gen personally and he has easily managed to change his polished black cermaic bezel into a brushed one (although the engravings on the back will not mach anymore) and he could have even put on a gold bezel. Hublot follows an extremely customer friendly business to the point that it hurts the consistency of their product offerings. But that is another story......

So rep lovers like us can be 100% sure that inaccuracy of this particular watch is the lowest concern ever !

And besides, the dealer(s) involved in this project has/have been very precise in coping even with these tiny details and he(they) continue to do so.

This is not just a matter of doing the hands wrong and not give a damn (as we have seen many time before)...For the first time we have a repper(s) who really cares and tries to use all info he (they) can to make it 1:1.

I like critique and it is useful sometimes, but I hope people realise that the HBB is a very special project (do you ANY other watch whose FIRST rep release was so damn precise ??) and take account of this when criticising.

Cheers,

uziuzi

Guest RiverwindMDS
Excuse me guys but I have to object. The engravings are on most models but it has been stated a hundred times that Hublot is very very flexible in its product offerings. For example: Engravings have changed on new releases as compared to older releases of the same watch (formally there was a two line case number and serial, newer releases use a 301-W or 301.M code on the steel version but one lined and an additional 6 digit id number). Furthermore,

I know the owner of a gen personally and he has easily managed to change his polished black cermaic bezel into a brushed one (although the engravings on the back will not mach anymore) and he could have even put on a gold bezel. Hublot follows an extremely customer friendly business to the point that it hurts the consistency of their product offerings. But that is another story......

So rep lovers like us can be 100% sure that inaccuracy of this particular watch is the lowest concern ever !

And besides, the dealer(s) involved in this project has/have been very precise in coping even with these tiny details and he(they) continue to do so.

This is not just a matter of doing the hands wrong and not give a damn (as we have seen many time before)...For the first time we have a repper(s) who really cares and tries to use all info he (they) can to make it 1:1.

I like critique and it is useful sometimes, but I hope people realise that the HBB is a very special project (do you ANY other watch whose FIRST rep release was so damn precise ??) and take account of this when criticising.

Cheers,

uziuzi

I totally agree with you

My comments were not a criticsm at all - merely observations. I also stated that in comparison to the gen from the front all that you could see (if you really looked hard) was the datewheel font difference and even then you'd have to have them side by side. However I do have a major issue with the quality control of these. I ordered 2 (one for me and one for a friend) and both have nearly all the threads for the screws stripped. If any of you have modified a screwdriver yet see if your screws are done up nicely or just spinning around like both my watches are! This is very poor for an expensive rep. The dealer is exchanging them and I sincerely hope that the replacements are better.

For some reason the Big Bang seems to have much more initial quality problems than any other watch I have seen. Maybe it is the complex design, I don't know but at this point I have heard more people complain about the quality than praise it. I really hope this is just a first gen thing because I am really looking forward to the Black Magic and hope they have the bugs (not the flaws but the poor quality issues) worked out by then.

Angus has told me that there were quality issues with the initial batch and that he is personally inspecting all the watches he is sending out to make sure they are OK. While of course I can't verify this, I received my RG HBB from him a couple of days ago and have worn it every day with no problems at all. It's a wonderful watch, definitely incredibly accurate.

Angus has told me that there were quality issues with the initial batch and that he is personally inspecting all the watches he is sending out to make sure they are OK. While of course I can't verify this, I received my RG HBB from him a couple of days ago and have worn it every day with no problems at all. It's a wonderful watch, definitely incredibly accurate.

I also hate to rain on the fit and finish parade, but having now seen one of the rpes in person, it's no different than any of our high end reps: extremely accurate part for part, and an instant tell for anyone who's familiar with the usual standard of fit and finish of gen watches...which is to say that 99% of the people who see your piece wouldn't know real from fake, but as usual all those who go into AD's thinking they're going to fool them are being dopey.

The Big Bang is a very complex watch in terms of case and case assembly and as such it will be more prone to problems than many other similarly high end reps. If you are trying to get to 1:1 you are better off with simpler watches. Without even seeing it I would guess that the new Chronomat or Northpole will be better put together with less problems simply because the manufacturers have experience building earlier generations or similar watches. I suspect the next generation of Big Bangs will be better if only because the manufacturers will be getting so many back with problems. After all, maufacturers have learning curves as well.