When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting Inside The Chanel J12

Devedander

• 1 month later...

I have just got the black version, unfortunately the dial is twisted, I took the back off to see if there was anything I could do, mine (hers) came apart without having to remove the bracelet, with the 4 screws removed the whole case and movement just drops out leaving the back and bracelet in one piece, I noticed that the movement is Japanese, on the dealers site it says Swiss, is yours Swiss?

@ ken sorry I never got back to ya on that, never did do anything about the gap in the caseback as it does appeark the movement itself is sealed pretty well...

@ Richard I didn't look closely at the movement as I am under the impression japanese quartz is about as accurate as swiss is... but they are probably all japanese...

Devedander,

I have got ALOT of recommendations on this watch in a gift post I made. This is an excellent review, thank you for sharing.

May I ask if this is one of the versions going for $198 and which dealer you used?

Thanks again for the great review.

Edited by yepme

• 2 months later...

Davedanders guide was very helpful, however, my G/F has smaller wrists - about 6"

I have the same mid grade - full ceramic ladies white j12

I have removed the two main links, however the band is still loose

Does anyone know if the links that attach to the spring clasp have removable pins on the ends - they look like they have the pin sytem but the centre appears smaller than the main two links and I have already bent my removal tool trying to get them out.

any help appreciated !!

@phoband This is indeed a sweet watch, however the diamonds are what makes it for me... I just don't feel the non diamonds ones so much... the funny thing is this still has the rotating bezel even though there is no way the diamonds help you figure out any sort of timekeeping :)

The diamonds certainly do make the watch...

post-743-1179351811_thumb.jpg