When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please Give Me Your Advice

hopeful

Hello, this is my 1st post - from sunny Sweden (OK, I'm lying). But I'm telling the truth when I say I really do appreciate the input from other members. Thank you all very much.

Now, to return to the subject, I've decided on the dealer I want to start with and I've chosen the watch. It's a Patek 5053. I want it desperately. BUT the inside of the flip back really bugs me. They look like this:

post-3950-1168650225_thumb.jpg

But they should look like this

post-3950-1168650357_thumb.jpg

I'd like your advice as to whether it's possible to polish the flip back to make it look the way it should - and if so, how do I go about it?

post-3950-1168650414_thumb.jpg

Ok the first thing I would do is ask the dealer if he could offer the watch with a polished (inside) caseback, if not a dremel and some good polish and plenty of spare time may do it.

Although I'm sure others will be able to advise better polishing methods.

Ken

One is a finely made piece of art, the other is a crudely made piece of [censored].... you decide which is which.

The problem some when you try to make crap into somehting it is not... God only knows what that case back is even made of, it looks rusty or somehting in the photos. To be honest with you my advice would be to not purchase this watch. If the dealer cannot make it look decent in the sales photos imagien what you will actually receive. Stick to the better made replicas.

I don't know who your dealer is but, the interior of that clam shell cover looks as though it needs a good cleaning . I did check with a couple of the recommended dealers and although the case back is much cleaner, it showed the same "engine turned" finish. It will take some serious polishing to remove that finish. I would suggest that you contact a dealer from the dealer section and request a special order without the engine turned finsih.

that's eddies pic. he told me he tried to use super glue to glue his mistress picture in there! and then advised not to try super glue to glue in your mistress picture :bicycle:

it's glue residue in the pic.

mothers mag aluminum polish from auto parts store rub it in good with a rag and you can get a mirror finish in minutes!