When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Iwc Ingenieur From King

ajoesmith

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Nice Work ! Hopefully it is real titanium and its quality is not too bad, then we can safely say the chrono version is the most accurate Ingy out there (the non-chrono suffers from the short hands problem if at all). The only tiny little difference I can see is the colour of the red minute numbers. They should be the same strong red colour as the second hand, bt they look a bit darker on the pics.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest RiverwindMDS
Very Nice Work ! Hopefully it is real titanium and its quality is not too bad, then we can safely say the chrono version is the most accurate Ingy out there (the non-chrono suffers from the short hands problem if at all). The only tiny little difference I can see is the colour of the red minute numbers. They should be the same strong red colour as the second hand, bt they look a bit darker on the pics.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh my god, Thanks for showing me this post. I was waiting to take a Titanium rep so I think I will go for that. But it will need the Glasses to be AR coated.

Definitely a must have

Ask King, she has quick response and quite a good price for this piece. Hopefully I'll have it next week. :D

Can anyone comment on the quality of the titanium inge? Im putting my order in this week.

The last link in Josh's photos looks like it isnt titanium - it looks like a different colour to the rest of the bracelet.

Also the red markers look not as bright and vibrant as the gen in the photos.

Having looked at it, will the chrono have problems with running seconds at 6 ?

Wasn't there another IWC that had problems with that? And it also had 2 subdials in the same locations as this one? Was that a hand-wind or an automatic?

Having looked at it, will the chrono have problems with running seconds at 6 ?

Wasn't there another IWC that had problems with that? And it also had 2 subdials in the same locations as this one? Was that a hand-wind or an automatic?

1. Sorry to say it's likely.

2. Yeah, it's the IWC Portoguese

3. Same 2 subdials, identical positions and automatic movement (7750 28.8 asian)

Someone, i don't remember which dealer, tells they fixed the movement with seconds at 6-o-clock.

1. Sorry to say it's likely.

2. Yeah, it's the IWC Portoguese

3. Same 2 subdials, identical positions and automatic movement (7750 28.8 asian)

Someone, i don't remember which dealer, tells they fixed the movement with seconds at 6-o-clock.

It's imperative we find out if this *is* fixed... there will be transfer wheels to transfer the running 60 seconds subdial (at 9 on a standard 7750 layout) to the 6 position. We already know of the problems in the Daytona, but maybe the standard 12 hour counter is removed from this for this watch? Hard to say but I don't hold much confidence in these sub-dial transfers.

I did a search under "IWC chrono problems" and "IWC problems" but found nothing.

The King pictures give me hope that the last link is titanium. No one had ever mentioned the last link issue on the GST chrono and now I own it and it does bug me quite a bit. And yes, unfortunately this is the same movement layout as the Portuguese chrono so there is a buyer beware element on this one as well.

Perhaps the simple stainless version is looking better and better. :whistling:

I will probably be the first to get it, as it's already on its journey to Canada. I'll let everyone know about the link situation.

The link does look to be Ti in King's pictures, or at least they didn't make it as obivous as the GST.

Besides, if the link really bothers you, just get the nylon strap and your problems are flushed away. :)

Where do you get the strap from ? I havent been on RWG as much for a while (busted computer and all that) and am sneaking looks here at work, even though I shouldn't be (can someone change the title bar to say RWG instead of Replica Watch Group???).