When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About to buy first AP

Brian18330

Bare in mind that the chronograph uses the infamous A7750 movement. These are well known to be less reliable than non chrono movements. If you don’t play with the chrono function often it should be ok, but for a more reliable movement go for a non chrono. Just my $0.02 worth!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kernow said:

Bare in mind that the chronograph uses the infamous A7750 movement. These are well known to be less reliable than non chrono movements. If you don’t play with the chrono function often it should be ok, but for a more reliable movement go for a non chrono. Just my $0.02 worth!

+1. For your first AP, and since both are divers, go for the non chrono version. It will save you some potential issues and also, I doubt you will be playing with the chronos at all. Chronograph functions these days serve mostly aesthetic purposes and serve to pretty (or clog up depending on who you ask) the dial and lend a touch of sophistication to it.

Adding my $0.02 worth to @kernow's $0.02, you now have $0.04 cents worth of opinions, which is twice the weightage of most opinions you see since most of them are self-valued at $0.02 by their respective posters. ;)

• Like 1

I have had nothing but bad bad bad luck with 7750's that weren't legit 7750's (swiss $1000 movement) so...in rep's. You could have the entire thing rebuilt, but it's still going to be a cheap 7750 rep and prone to breaking. Follow the words of wisdom above and steer clear to have a happy first AP experience :) In my humblest of opinions... good luck!