When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Primero Daytona Kit On The Bay!

watcher

Case is rep; bracelet is rep, but very well done (note the ref# and engravings, etc). Clasp is of the correct type and appearance (not a YM 16622 clasp- Those have the entire fliplock polished).

Ah ok, what I meant was clasp was like the old YMs (before the reps had the flip completely polished). I always thought the modern Daytonas had THIS clasp, am I wrong?

post-115-1168889738_thumb.jpg

Guest RiverwindMDS
Ah ok, what I meant was clasp was like the old YMs (before the reps had the flip completely polished). I always thought the modern Daytonas had THIS clasp, am I wrong?

post-115-1168889738_thumb.jpg

Tha tace set in NOT for modern Daytona, It's the one with el primero movement discontinued in 2000...

Hey guys,

I'm thinking that nfs060 is the same nfs060 over at RWI (also from Canada) that told me to put a 2836 in my Frankenjust since I had the older 16014 case. He's kinda like Ubi's alter ego, and I believe in addition to frankenjusts, he's got an EP Daytona. Maybe this is an extra case/dial from an abandoned project.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking that nfs060 is the same nfs060 over at RWI (also from Canada) that told me to put a 2836 in my Frankenjust since I had the older 16014 case. He's kinda like Ubi's alter ego, and I believe in addition to frankenjusts, he's got an EP Daytona. Maybe this is an extra case/dial from an abandoned project.

I've never met nfs060 (I don't think), but from the sounds of it, I like him already!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

You could go over to RWI and PM him and ask. Sure hope the Rolex boys didn't start messing with him! I wouldn't be surprised if the Rolex boys monitered this board and used our expertise to spot replicas, frankens and fakes. What do a bunch of lawyers know about watches in the first place?

Hi everyone. Im nfs060 from RWI. I have not been on the boards for a while, as I have been very, very busy. I actually had my GF post the case set as I was planning on packing my bags and moving to the other side of the world, so I asked her to started liquidating all of my extras. I have more than one Ebay account and decided to post this set on the NFS one so some of you would know me as a board member. Either way things have changed now and I'm staying in town for at least the next year or so, which means there is no pressure or need to sell it as I now will have time to build this set up.

For your info the complete case set is made by MBW. The tube is not Genuine Rolex either but the same quality as the ones listed on the bay. In my opinion it is as good as the original and is identical. The band is aftermarket as well and made by MBW and is not cheap to buy as it is the same quality as the original even to the exact numbers as you could see form the pictures on my auction. This bracelet is a must for any perfect Franken project as it lowers the price as you no longer need to flip the tab for for the gen.$$

I hope this clarifies a few things. If I do decide to sell this set in the future I will post it up on the rep boards.

Thanks David

Edited by nfs060

nfs-

Are we, by chance, long lost brothers?

:)

More like you are the older brother and I am the younger one trying to follow in your foot steps. You were the one who inspired me to even start a Daytona project. Thanks and hopefully you will have more amazing Franken watches to show us.

David