When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franck Muller Conquistador Which One?

bing-o

Been wanting to get one with the SS bracelet.......done research for info in RWG but can't seem to get a comparison between Franck Muller Conquistador reps with the swiss ETA2824 or the Swiss ETA2892A2 movements.

That is taking comparison between the type of movement out of the consideration and just comparing the watch itself in terms of accuracy to the original!

Which is better?

Thanks guys. :victory:

Been wanting to get one with the SS bracelet.......done research for info in RWG but can't seem to get a comparison between Franck Muller Conquistador reps with the swiss ETA2824 or the Swiss ETA2892A2 movements.

That is taking comparison between the type of movement out of the consideration and just comparing the watch itself in terms of accuracy to the original!

Which is better?

eta 2892 is much better as 2824. But i don´t know if the reps used genuine 2892 or a copy movement of 2892 from seagul

Which is better?

I just traded mine off.

Nice watch, sapphire crystal, 2892 ETA movement and beautiful engraving with the black face.

Bill

Thanks for the opinion guys but I aware that the ETA2892 movement is a class above the ETA2824. What I wanted to know is the comparison of the rep itself.

The ETA2892 and ETA2824 has a different face in practically all the RWG dealers website, which one is correct. Which one is closer to the original? Is there difference in the quality of the case or bracelet between the 2?

Thanks

Here's a side-by-side comparison that I did, when I had them both in my hands:

Conquistador vs Conquistador

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks buddy!

Nothing beats a side to side comparison. It's quite obvious that the ETA 2892 rep is better. It is also suggested that getting it from King which is cheaper than Joshua is probably the wise thing to do as both of them are of similar quality. Do you concur with this view?

Thanks again........ :victory:

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks buddy!

Nothing beats a side to side comparison. It's quite obvious that the ETA 2892 rep is better. It is also suggested that getting it from King which is cheaper than Joshua is probably the wise thing to do as both of them are of similar quality. Do you concur with this view?

Thanks again........ :victory:

You're welcome. I would buy the 2894 version for the bracelet alone...It's the nicest that I've seen on a rep (even better than some gens).

I bought mine from Paul (wo-mart.com). He sent the wrong model at first, which is why I had the 2824 version. He corrected the mistake, and I returned the 2824 to him through a US agent.

Edited by avitt

You're welcome. I would buy the 2894 version for the bracelet alone...It's the nicest that I've seen on a rep (even better than some gens).

I bought mine from Paul (wo-mart.com). He sent the wrong model at first, which is why I had the 2824 version. He corrected the mistake, and I returned the 2824 to him through a US agent.

Here is another person who appreciates your analysis. This has cleared up which one and who to buy it from. Thanks.

May I ask when you got yours from Paul? His reputation in the RWG is rather hot & cold. Thnks

May I ask when you got yours from Paul? His reputation in the RWG is rather hot & cold. Thnks

April of 2006. My last transaction with Paul was 9/06. I have had good luck with him, but I can understand your concern. I believe that this piece is also available from a couple of other dealers.

check out the gen here.....8001 vs 8005, these Conqs are two different models, I would guess one is newer than the other. The 8005 rep is great, the rep 8001 itself is pretty good too.

http://www.cagi-due.co.jp/f-muller/177.htm (no lume just like rep 8001)

http://www.cagi-due.co.jp/f-muller/07.htm

http://www.cagi-due.co.jp/f-muller/08.htm

As for the bracelet, it looks like there are two styles; one flatter and one rounder, just like the reps, unless its just the lighting.

Personally, I like the dial on the 8005 with the minute ticks. However the 2892s it seems are pretty hard to find nowadays.

nk

Enquiring from King if she has the FM Conquistador ETA2892, hopefully it's the genuine Swiss movement and not the Seagul movement.

BTW does this rep have a quality finish? Is the weight close to the original? I remember an article in RWG with regards to some issues with the bracelet?

Anyone have any info?

TQ

I can recommend silix for the ETA2892 version. That's where mine came from.

As for inaccuracies, only a few known ones - crown is not quite perfect, and date window is slightly too thin. Nothing anyone will really notice ! And can't remember if lume is good enough.

The white dial will have problems of usual blue rep hands.

Well, King does not have it anymore and checked Silix website...it's stated as 'not available'. Looks like it's difficult to get one with the Swiss ETA2892A2 movement. :thumbdown:

How is the quality of the ETA2824 rep? Is it close to the original? Does the ariginal also have different SS bracelet versions?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Well, the main difference is, that in original the version with the here delivered 2824-2 (where you can see a part of the 6 below the date) is the Lady's version - original size 39mmx28mm while the other version is the men's (where you don't see anything from the 6 but just the date) which has as far as I know a size of approx 47 mm

Well, the main difference is, that in original the version with the here delivered 2824-2 (where you can see a part of the 6 below the date) is the Lady's version - original size 39mmx28mm while the other version is the men's (where you don't see anything from the 6 but just the date) which has as far as I know a size of approx 47 mm

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get one with the ETA2892A2 movement...the men version.