When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC GST Chrono in Titanium

Pugwash

So, here's how it goes.

I enter Precious Time's raffle, one of which has just started, and win. Amongst the choices is one of my dream watches. No contest, I had to have it. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present a pictorial of the IWC GST Chrono in Titanium.

16406-3255.jpg

16406-3256.jpg

16406-3257.jpg

16406-3258.jpg

16406-3259.jpg

16406-3260.jpg

16406-3261.jpg

16406-3262.jpg

16406-3263.jpg

now, you've got to do a review, how the chrono functions, everything! it can be your way of evening out the karma, see? ;)

Sure, but if I write a review, which of the many forums do I post it to? It should be on The Dark Side because that's where I bought the ticket from. Or maybe on TRC because this very same thread has a dozen more posts on it than here.

Anyway, briefly, it's a fully-functioning chrono as the original watch uses a 7750 and this rep has the asian 7750@28k8, making it a functionally identical watch. It's small, but I dealt with the size here. :)

Just a really quick question, on the dealers' pics I've noticed that one of the last link (the one joining with the clasp) is SS instead of Ti. Is yours like that Pugwash? Anyone knows why?

Also, can anyone spot any flaws vs a gen?

There are two noticable flaws, and that's it. One is on the face and I'm loathed to mention it as I can't help but see it every time I look. It's the date-box is a little too far to the right, meaning the N of SCHAFFHAUSEN doesn't hang out underneath to the right. I'm at work without my tools and reference material so I can't show you precisely what I mean, but this is the kind of fault that cannot be helped and is really not noticable except by an expert.

The other is the lume. I don't know why it has none but it doesn't bother me in the least.

The last link is a different material because it's not a link; it's part of the clasp.

The only problem with this watch is the bloody chrono second hand no longer returns to 12. I hear this is common for Asian 7750s, but it's getting annoying. It only started doing this this morning, so I'm planning on advancing the chrono a little at a time until it goes all the way round. It's at 7 seconds so far. Click, click, thunk. 7.25 now.

However, all these faults cannot put me off it and I recommend it highly. I presume Precious Time still has some in stock.

The only problem with this watch is the bloody chrono second hand no longer returns to 12. I hear this is common for Asian 7750s, but it's getting annoying. It only started doing this this morning, so I'm planning on advancing the chrono a little at a time until it goes all the way round. It's at 7 seconds so far.

Uhmm..which 7750 model is it?

Many Iwc Gst have the new 7750 improved and it should be far better than the old 7750.

However it's annoying. <_<

The last link is a different material because it's not a link; it's part of the clasp.

@Pugwash - are you sayign that the clasp is SS and not titanium? In the gen, it is full Ti right? Doesn't it look funny when a whole bracelet it in titanium but there is one part that is stainless steel?

Regarding the stopwatch advancing... thats too bad, anyone else have this issue too?

Hey Pugwash

How do you find the weight? I know obviously it is going to be lighter than the steel models but I mean more the overall feel, I used to have a Ti chrono avenger which felt solid but they are bloody massive. As far as I'm concerned that's the nicest of the three available models.... I'm getting so close to cracking its not funny.

How do you find the weight? I know obviously it is going to be lighter than the steel models but I mean more the overall feel,

It's lighter than a Sub and it feels lighter. The strap is of very good quality, but it took me a few days to set the size right, as Titanium expands a little differently to steel, and the bracelet needs a lot more links on one side than the other, to balance it on the clasp sort of thing.

Feel-wise, it's a thick, dumpy, squat bulldog of a watch. And I mean that in a good way. It's a lot smaller and thicker than I thought it could be.

Aesthetically, it's near perfection.

Ok, i'm very curious now.

I hope in a happy end. :)

I too hope this story will have a happy ending. As soon as I can find a jeweller in Paris that does repairs on Replicas, we will see.

I'll write up a tale of woe in a minute. Let me just get a cuppa first.

@pugwash, hope everything goes well with the repair.

2 quick questions.

1) is it a screw in crown? I just tried on a SS gen 5 mins ago at an AD that that had a screw in crown.

2) how do you size the bracelet? From a quick look at the gen, there are no crew groove on either sides of the bracelet?

Thanks again

Re chrono: I have the same prob with a venus speedy from abay. Even if you have "faulted" it around, it'll thake a day and its slipped out of 12 again.

The Zigmeister must know/written about it; its some kind of brake which should be possible to tighten.

Nice watch anyhow.

Thanks Pugwash.

I tried on the genuine just before, very very nice watch. The face isn't all that big but its a bloody thick watch indeed! The bracelet was nice and solid (as expected!). How is the quality of the bracelet? and I guess how is the overall quality of the watch? (apart from the movement issue obviously).

Thanks

I tried on the genuine just before, very very nice watch. The face isn't all that big but its a bloody thick watch indeed! The bracelet was nice and solid (as expected!). How is the quality of the bracelet? and I guess how is the overall quality of the watch? (apart from the movement issue obviously).

The overall quality is such that it's upsetting the movement is not working. An amazingly well-made watch, well worth the cash, apart from the fact it can't tell the time :)

I still stand by this watch as one of the best replicas out there. I hope my unfortunate movement episode does not put you off buying one. Sure, the movement is a bit fragile, but it appears to be the norm with 7750s. If you want a 7750 watch, this should still be at the top of the list.