When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch clean and waterproof

Guest messinapete

Guest messinapete

Hello all,

I don’t know if I’m in the correct place to post, However I have a Rolex Daytona Cosmograph, Maybe a AAA but don’t know for sure as I’ve only had it 8 weeks.

I would like one of the people that can waterproof for general swimming within 3 weeks.

Any suggestions on whom and a ‘Guesstamate’ on what I could expect to pay?

Thanks

eb6036c769b57ee23c5933beebecf0ae.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I’d not try and waterproof a Daytona rep. If you want to swim with a rep watch then start with a divers rep, such as a Submariner etc. There are people on the forum that can waterproof them too. Have a look in the modders section. 

https://rwg.cc/forum/179-repairmodification-services/

Guest messinapete

Thank you Kernow,

purchased from ‘Dtime’ Noob 1.1 Etc, $658.00 ad for this watch says ‘30-50’ mtrs, Not that I go that deep, Just general swimming.

To Confirm waterproofing I wrote and the reply was at 20-30 mtrs No problem.

I believe Dtime is a reputable company and would have no need to mislead.

Do you think I should still be wary?

regards

Personally I don't swim with any of my watches, even waterproofed. I had an Omega Seamaster Pro gen which was waterproved by Omega Service center with a service but it got water coming in...It was under warranty but chronographs are very sensitive to the slightest bump on one of the pushers or crown, it can cause a bent stem or pusher which results in not watertight.

To echo my friends I'd stay away from the water w/ any rep especially a chrono that is asking for trouble big time. I carry a gen w/ at least a 200meter ISO diver rating for my water activities on holiday, you can get a Seiko for cheap that is rated as such and it will most likely run forever or go Citizen even cheaper same rating.

https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-Drive-Promaster-Diver-BN0150-28E/dp/B016R90VBK/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_241_lp_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=33ZJ6H7NR2VAA76YHDFN

A very very good watch for the $!

Guest messinapete
2 hours ago, capice said:

Personally I don't swim with any of my watches, even waterproofed. I had an Omega Seamaster Pro gen which was waterproved by Omega Service center with a service but it got water coming in...It was under warranty but chronographs are very sensitive to the slightest bump on one of the pushers or crown, it can cause a bent stem or pusher which results in not watertight.

Thank you, I will take take your advice.

regards

58 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

To echo my friends I'd stay away from the water w/ any rep especially a chrono that is asking for trouble big time. I carry a gen w/ at least a 200meter ISO diver rating for my water activities on holiday, you can get a Seiko for cheap that is rated as such and it will most likely run forever or go Citizen even cheaper same rating.

https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-Drive-Promaster-Diver-BN0150-28E/dp/B016R90VBK/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_241_lp_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=33ZJ6H7NR2VAA76YHDFN

A very very good watch for the $!

Thank you for your input.

regards