When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt Ii: Friend Or Faux?

youpmelone

Is it a rep, or a gen?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Expert Opinion

• I am sure it is a Rep!
    • I am sure it is a Gen!

I acquired my first ........

All due to this board and some great members around here.

Thx for all the support.

Now the fun stuff, Gen or rep, experts make up your minds!

And hit that button.

Why a poll?

Simply because everyone can follow Ubi's opinion, and that is no fun.

184733-6281.jpg

Edited by youpmelone

It is a .......... drumroll

gen!

I was able to do a great deal, with some support in the background from Ubi, I had it verified at a Swiss AD.

It is a 2002 version, with the lugholes, for which I've been hunting for more then a few months...

It is in near mint condition, contrary to the picture, and cost me around 2600 euro including papers, AD certification etc etc.

wiped out my bank account. But a dream is fulfilled, and and happy as a child :-))

The poll:

5 to 7.. apparently not so easy :-))

(sorry for the late reply, i could not figure out how to unlock the post again, TT aka speedy gonzalez was nice enough to do it for me)

Friendly monkeys, of course. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ps. Nice watch... and not that badly photographed. I was just making a point.

off topic

As long as these monkeys are not the nice friendly monkeys I saw in Asia.. :whistling:

They hit an unsuspecting Japanese couple at a temple. Gone were their water..hat, peanuts etc within seconds. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can't remember what they did to the traditional camera...

/off topic

I'm one of those who voted gen (gloating). Apart from the correct hand-stack, correct bezel insert, which you can put a gen or high quality OEM in, the crown guards are just too good to be a rep. The transition line from the case to the CGs should be close to the bezel and it should be one straight line a little before the base of the crown. And then before the transition line, the case be brushed instead of polished. The CGs are not pointy, unlike those on the subs. The crown has short teeth and a very obvious bulge. All these can be modded. But chances are nobody pays attention to these details except a few of us.

-bm

I'm one of those who voted gen (gloating). Apart from the correct hand-stack, correct bezel insert, which you can put a gen or high quality OEM in, the crown guards are just too good to be a rep. The transition line from the case to the CGs should be close to the bezel and it should be one straight line a little before the base of the crown. And then before the transition line, the case be brushed instead of polished. The CGs are not pointy, unlike those on the subs. The crown has short teeth and a very obvious bulge. All these can be modded. But chances are nobody pays attention to these details except a few of us.

-bm

Very nice call!

Esp. considering the bad lighting

Funny thing is, after I posted that it is a gen, someone voted Rep :-)))))

Edited by youpmelone