When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7753 Vs 7750 Tri-compax (3,6,9)

iglutikut

any? to me they look exactly the same other then the movements are stamped ETA 7753 and ETA 7750, but they both have the exact same 3,6,9 layout (running second at nine)

If it's 3-6-9, it's a 7753.

If it's 12-9-6, it's a 7750.

If it's 3-6-9 and it's stamped 7750, it's a copy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

The difference I believe is in the manner of which the minute counter subdial's output is shifted from 12:00 to 3:00. The Swiss 7753 is contained within a bridge with the datewheel integrated on top of it. The 7750 (either Asian or modified Swiss) has a different kind of bridge that simply fits on top of the movement, so the datewheel sits under this module (hence making the date appear 'sunken' or recessed in the date window on these models).

Wow you guys are fast.. Thanks for responding.

So I have 3 chrono movements total.

1. dead asian 7750 (3,6,9) dressed to look like ETA

2. Genuine 7750 pulled from a beatup TAG

3. 7750 tricompax stamped/markings exactly the same as #2 but in 3,6,9 configuration

7750 asian looks almost like the tricompax but not quite. Quality is definately not the same....

tricompax looks (markings/quality wise) exactly like 7750 from TAG, cept TAG is in 6,9,12 config.

I wish I could get a nice pic of the movments for you all to see but I cannot get close enough in focus to show. :(

I simply have no use for the two 7750's and wanted to know more about the 7750 (3,6,9) before I decided to get rid of it.