When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Caps Lock!

jacobsen1

OK, I know that there is a function (that's obviously turned on) that prevents caps lock usage... But it's not working right IMHO. If you type: "Check out my GMT II" as a title it will change that to "Check out my Gmt Ii" :lol:

I know it's looking at consecutive digits, but is there anyway you can set it up just to check and make sure the ENTIRE title isn't capped? I'm a member on another board that uses the same software and that's how it works over there... IE if you TYPE LIKE THIS THEN IT WILL MAKE THE LETTERS SMALLER, but if you type 1 small letter in the field then it knows your caps lock isn't on and lets you do what you want...

It's just driving me crazy because my first watch is a Rolex GMT II and the few threads I've started all have it as Gmt Ii... :lol:

Thanks,

Ben

It bothered me at first, but I'd rather that than threads called "**** CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!1 LOL ROFL ****"

But that's why they need to implement it differently...

On another forum I'm on, if you put the above it would go from:

**** CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!1 LOL ROFL ****

to

**** Check This Out!!!!!1 Lol Rofl ****

IE it keeps the cap on each single word, but knocks the rest of each word down. Also it only does it when the ENTIRE thread title is capped, not just some letters... I agree all caps (yelling) is annoying, but considering it's the right way to type out some of the watch names, maybe they can change it... I'm only suggestion it because I've seen it working on another board.

@jody

The board has a function that will remove any CAPS text in the Topic title, so if you write II there, it will become Ii

@all

I seriously do not think this feature is something the majority of the board members have any problems with ;)