When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Count For The Group Ar Run

flavor flav

the AR thread is confusing on how many are ready to ship out to cheiftang. lets just post here nothing but a number of how many crystals you can ship cheiftang by 1/26/07 and see what kind of count we have.

just simply post a number and when you can ship so we can get a green light to get it done.

5 can ship immediatly from me.

Thanks flav.... I've meant to start a new thread myself.

Just to reiterate the details:

This run will cost $40/crystal, if we can gather 20 crystals. The turn time will be 2-3 weeks (probably 3) instead of the "normal" 1 week. This is because the coater is going to split our lot across multiple runs with orders from other customers. This makes pricing slightly better and turn around time slightly worse. Honestly, I don't think we're going to get to the 40 crystal lot size needed for the $30/crystal pricing anyhow, so this is really the next best thing.

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm doing 2 crystals.

Guest chronomat123

Here's my count:

Flav 5
me 2
shultz 2
subzero1 6

That's 17.

3 more needed............

Big-ups to HauteHippie and flav for working this out-- this service is priceless!

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, guys, but I haven't had a chance to follow the progress of the AR group deal, and sincerely don't have enough time right now to run through all the threads on it: Two quick questions. 1) Could I get double-sided AR 2) Will there be a noticeable purple tint to the glass? I am waiting for a Bentley GT to arrive and if she can be double sided, then you can count me in ( I guess that would be 2 coatings, eh?)

Thanks in advance.

Copied details from my prior thread:

The Coating

- Optically clear with slight Blue/Purple hue

- Approx. 1% reflectance of visible light on the coated side

- Durability: This will be a DURABLE AR COATING. Let's put this in perspective: Our coating will meet military spec Mil-C-675 for durability. As such, it can be handled with bare hands and very easily cleaned, if required. However.... it WILL NOT withstand the "screwdriver test" as uncoated sapphire will. So... it is durable, but it can and will scratch if you're not careful!!!

- Single sided OR Double sided coating is available. There will be no price difference, but before deciding to go with a double side coating please refer to gen forums and RWG posts where people are actually removing the outer AR coating on their watches for various reasons!!!

How this will work

Please post your intent to commit here. If you have any uncertainty about honoring your commitment, then do not post. If/when we have enough of a commitment to begin a run (40 crystals is a nice sweet spot), then I will provide an address (my address) to everyone participating. I will provide shipping instructions and you will ship your crystals to me. I will not be removing crystals from watches for anyone. I will package the crystals, label them, and then send them to the coating house as a single lot. The coating house will return them to me, and I will then ship them back to their owners.

Payment: At this time I would like to avoid paypal. The easiest thing (for me) is probably going to be a bank check (either money order or cashier's check) that is mailed to me along with the crystals.

I am sending my watches of to The Zigmeister tomorrow and he told me that he would ship the crystals to HauteHippie directly - I don't know exactly when The Zigmeister will get to removing and sending them, but you can count on 5-7 from me.

We will see what happens. I think we might hit our numbers before your stuff arrives. Although, of my two crystals, one is with Rob in Canada right now, so it'll need to be shipped back to me soon too!!

Please update as to timing because if you are getting things shipped from Rob I could add a few more that are already with him.

Warren, if so, let me know. I'm gonna need my Ingy crystal shipped from Rob. Haven't done so yet because I've been waiting for the numbers to come in (which they haven't). We can coordinate to have ours shipped together. :)

So......

I think what we'll do is wait for lovepanerai's watches to arrive in Canada and then have his crystals removed and sent back to the USA. I have one crystal sitting in Canada at the moment, Kruzer has a couple, and then there is a possibility of receiving a few more from elsewhere overseas. So I think we have the numbers, but still need a little patience. It'll be at least another week or so....

@ HauteHippie

I pm'ed you several times for shipping info: My Ingie crystal is ready to go for days. Please send a pm. Thanks.

I've received your PM. Don't worry. I'm just waiting to hear that lovepanerai's watches have been received in Canada. Otherwise you're just going to ship your crystal to me early and it will sit here waiting.

Patience young grasshopper!!! smile.gif

My watches were sent to The Zigmeister - per EMS, but they are not there yet. The Zigmeister just reconfirmed that he will remove the crystals as soon as he gets the watches and send to Chieftang.

I will keep everybody here updated and report back as soon as crsytals have been removed and are on their way to Chieftang.

• 3 weeks later...