When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6239

tonyp1

No if anything it’s a invite for those who have DW 62xx to sell them to me lol..

CE833A0D-415A-46AD-ABD7-48DFAF42F7F9.jpeg

Sorry for the previous 4 threads didn’t realize they were posting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by tonyp1
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:36 AM, tonyp1 said:

No if anything it’s a invite for those who have DW 62xx to sell them to me lol..

CE833A0D-415A-46AD-ABD7-48DFAF42F7F9.jpeg

Sorry for the previous 4 threads didn’t realize they were posting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

they are all 7750 movements, right?

• 4 years later...
On 6/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, tonyp1 said:

Took some pictures today. Don’t wear this too often. 3DC2684B-BEFA-4FE4-8011-0C2B64B186C7.thumb.jpeg.1df99a96cef8b70ca2073550f33d7e59.jpeg

Unfortunately, all of your pic links are broken, but here are a few of my DW frankens (all V72-powered) --

3 Daytonas 2 1200.jpg

5 hours ago, LHOOQ-PM said:

When DW got something right, he'd get it incredibly right.  Unfortunately, dealing with him was like walking through a  minefield--and I consider myself one of the lucky ones!

I think you just had to understand that English was not his default language & he used translation software for most of his communications. Because of this, if you did not keep things simple, misunderstandings were possible. That is why so many people had problems dealing with him. I did so much business with DW that we became friends & we had plans to meet in China when I was there to visit with my girlfriend's family. Unfortunately, due to scheduling issues, we were unable to meet.

Based on my experience, I found DW to be quite honest, reasonable & bright. I think there was a thread many years ago that discussed this (including comments from DW) that you may be able to find with the RWG search.

Whatever the case, I think many would agree that properly constructed Daytonas based on DW parts were classics, including Goldie in the pic above (which was a 1 of a kind custom case that DW designed for me -- without charge!).

On 5/18/2024 at 9:02 PM, freddy333 said:

Based on my experience, I found DW to be quite honest, reasonable & bright. I think there was a thread many years ago that discussed this (including comments from DW) that you may be able to find with the RWG search.

Whatever the case, I think many would agree that properly constructed Daytonas based on DW parts were classics, including Goldie in the pic above (which was a 1 of a kind custom case that DW designed for me -- without charge!).

I will look for that thread, freddy. 

In fact, I had also scheduled a meeting with DW in Shenzhen, back in 2010.  He unfortunately cancelled a few weeks before my trip to Hong Kong, so I instead used my PRC visa to take the train to Guangzhou, where Mary (of Watch International, back in the day) gave me a guided tour of the watch and watch parts markets.  She was fantastic, but the whole GZ experience was a bit of a mixed bag for me!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 9:02 PM, freddy333 said:

Unfortunately, all of your pic links are broken, but here are a few of my DW frankens (all V72-powered) --

3 Daytonas 2 1200.jpg

I think you just had to understand that English was not his default language & he used translation software for most of his communications. Because of this, if you did not keep things simple, misunderstandings were possible. That is why so many people had problems dealing with him. I did so much business with DW that we became friends & we had plans to meet in China when I was there to visit with my girlfriend's family. Unfortunately, due to scheduling issues, we were unable to meet.

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_7609.jpeg

IMG_7648.jpeg

IMG_6794.jpeg

IMG_6864.jpeg