When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An Ebay Seller Stealing Photos From Rwg Members?

Guest chronomat123

Guest chronomat123

Sherrington posted a picture of his WM Red Sub dial for sale with this photo (which I assume is his, as it looks like his others.)

186717-5728.jpg

I saw this for sale on eBay by a new member from the UK with "0" feedback, who claims he sells replacement Rolex parts. Guy is also selling a fake 116520 case.

186717-5729.jpg

Sub Dial on eBay

:thumbdown:

So what if we could watermark each picture posted here... say with the word REPLICA.....( and I'm not saying we can).... or is this the responsibility of the poster?

It raises a few points... EVERY pic posted would have that (Whatever) word on it ( even a gen... or a photo of your car... or your Mother in law!!! :whistling: ) And we certainly wouldn't have " This photo posted at RWG.....followed by our addy!!!!."

Is it the forums' responsibility... or is it our right.... or is it overbearing/ censorship/restriction......????

Interested in views.. if any, on this matter.

As I've said, we don't even know if its doable yet, and if it is, if we want/need to do it.

Offshore

I've been meaning to do mine, but I'm just too lazy :)

I've been thinking of doing an approved-referrers list on my webserver, but there's nothing to stop someone from downloading the pics.

Blatant watermarking is annoying, too, as it covers up the subject.