When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 222 Regatta - 100mm Macro Lens Shots

rolli

hi all,

here the pam222 regatta - 100mm macro lens shots.

enjoy yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

cheers

rolli

Hi Rolli - great pictures as usual!

I have been contemplating about getting this one, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. I was concerned that the Asian movement might crap out on me and that there is a white/silver border around the date. Would you please let us know how it is holding up and it would be great if you could take a closeup photo of the date.

thanks and cheers

LP

Hi Rolli - great pictures as usual!

I have been contemplating about getting this one, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. I was concerned that the Asian movement might crap out on me and that there is a white/silver border around the date. Would you please let us know how it is holding up and it would be great if you could take a closeup photo of the date.

thanks and cheers

LP

hi lovepanerai,

here the image with the date window.

sorry for the bad quality.

with the 100mm macro lens you can have only a minimum distance of 31cm.

so i used photoshop for a larger image detail.

this macro lens is better for object photography.

if you need a image detail, then it's better you use the EF-S 60mm macro lens,

or the EF 50mm, or the MP-E 65mm.

the MP-E 65mm is on my wishlist.

i hope it's good enough for you.

cheers

rolli

post-2837-1169466249_thumb.jpg

great shots as always, one of the most gorgous pams out there :wub:

but i wonder if you have time to wear all your pams if you post a new one each day or every few days :o

hi pubus,

i dont wear each pam, some pams are only for the collection.

the 100mm maro lens is new, so i'll take new shots from time to time.

the photography is a nice hobby.

cheers

rolli

i have the 222...it is a great rep!...the mvt is reliable, altough the first one died....recived a replacemet and it works like a horse...i had the 090 that i sold to a friend and the watch is keeping great time for a year....the mvt is the same...

if you wann buy this watch go for it...Paul has got a great price on this one....i think it is 129$ or 149$...well, i paid mine 350$...

Rolli-

Fabulous watch. I love the dial. The comments on the movement are exactly right. My first one was a dog and the replacement has been a workhorse. It has been sitting on a winder for months keeping excellent time. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Some day I will dump the case and replace with an Asian 86 case to get rid of that darned datechanger. It is on a watch winder anyhow. Then if you can change the date font it is one heck of a rep.

hi lovepanerai,

here the image with the date window.

sorry for the bad quality.

with the 100mm macro lens you can have only a minimum distance of 31cm.

so i used photoshop for a larger image detail.

this macro lens is better for object photography.

if you need a image detail, then it's better you use the EF-S 60mm macro lens,

or the EF 50mm, or the MP-E 65mm.

the MP-E 65mm is on my wishlist.

i hope it's good enough for you.

cheers

rolli

post-2837-1169466249_thumb.jpg

thanks Rolli, I appreciate you taking the time to get that shot for me - I guess I am going to have to get a 222 myself :thumbsupsmileyanim:

cheers

I have one that supposedly was the first "special limited run" by River (? or was it Eddie Lee?)

Anyway, what I don't understand is the whole power reserve thing. Does the powere reserve build up as you wear it ? or do i have to wind it until it is wound and then wear it and the power reserve helps prolong the life of the wind? Are there two sets of springs? One spring? Does it function solely by being autiomatic?

Anyone help me with thecare and feeding of a 222? :)

CISO

Anyway, what I don't understand is the whole power reserve thing. Does the powere reserve build up as you wear it ? or do i have to wind it until it is wound and then wear it and the power reserve helps prolong the life of the wind? Are there two sets of springs? One spring? Does it function solely by being autiomatic?

Nothing so complicated. A power reserve is a fuel gauge. It shows you how full your spring is.