When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki dial vs Cartel dial

chriz74

RF:  "I wondered this too but I strongly believe that it's due to volume and interest.  The large wholesalers are filling a larger demand for replicas of newer rolexes so they get more updates and quality.  The market for accurate vintage replicas is a tiny portion of the market for newer rolex.  At least this is what I think is the reason we won't get perfect cases from them.  The scary thing is that one by one the vintage replica case makers are disappearing.  NTD Trading in California stopped selling over 4 years ago  (but her website is still up so I wonder why she is paying for it.  Phong does not answer any emails, at least to me.  And his son's website is completely gone.   So that leaves us only with Rubywatch and MQ in Vietnam for good cases.  That is why I'm desperately trying to reverse engineer a 5513 case for CNC file uploading in case we never have a source."

I believe you are 95% right.  The other 5% will remain a mystery.

I have some pretty good 55xx/1680 cases and  really do not need any more but I will always wonder why the case makers do not put the last 10% worth of effort in to make the cases more realistic.  Looks like some have gotten worse, crystal fitment on the latest JK cases for example.

I also doubt, same as you, that  there is much demand for 'top gun' vintage watches or cases from mainstream buyers, they want modern watch replicas and are happy with today's offerings.  The vast majority of the buyers probably do not give a hoot about replicas of 40 year old watches.

Looks like Yuki has no more replica vintage cases on his site.  All I saw are some oem omega cases for the goofball cal 1012 and three rlx 1500 cases...two being rotted out pretty bad.

Vintage case pickins are gettin' thin.

19 hours ago, jackflash said:

Yes, but the proportions of the hands they have on offer aren’t the best.

Do you know if they reply fast normally? I sent an email but no reply. Also what is the watch in your picture? Cartel?

Edited by chriz74

Do you know if they reply fast normally? I sent an email but no reply. Also what is the watch in your picture? Cartel?

HR is usually fast at responding.

The watch is an MBW case. Dial HR, mixed hand set, Yuki pearl and insert, Athaya crown and tube, Gen T19 service crystal, ETA 2846 movement.

0f247c9475e8450ff36e7193891e538e.plist&key=76142ffe4c0624d7fd6ccc620be2ee641fd76172387f98f2bfdce93d7f4c64f0

• 4 weeks later...