When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Po 45.5 Dial

bertbacharat

I'd like to know as well. If any one knew where to get a gen dial for the 45 Ultimate PO. Or alternatively, can I replace the Omega logo with the one from the 42.

I know there was talk that a 42 dial might fit, but I just don't see that happening.

Love the forums btw and am really looking forward to getting into the hobby...

TK

The problem is the logo on the Ultimate PO has the logo from a 42mm. So if replace it with a 42mm logo, it will look exactly the same. A 42mm dial won't fit the 45mm, the date window is further from the outter bezel on the 45mm.

As far as sourcing a gen dial, do ofrei sell them? Ebay maybe?

• 3 months later...

Experts

I have a rep Omega 42 dial (which had the good logo) and a rep Omega 45.5 dial in my Ultimate. Has anyone ever attempted to swap logos? I know that there are two pins that attach the rep logos on. Am I likely to ruin the dial or is it possible to do?

On an alternative note - I would also like to know if anyone has had success in ordering the genuine 45.5 white PO dial from Ofrei or anywhere else.

Thanks

Experts

I have a rep Omega 42 dial (which had the good logo) and a rep Omega 45.5 dial in my Ultimate. Has anyone ever attempted to swap logos? I know that there are two pins that attach the rep logos on. Am I likely to ruin the dial or is it possible to do?

On an alternative note - I would also like to know if anyone has had success in ordering the genuine 45.5 white PO dial from Ofrei or anywhere else.

Thanks

Ofrie does not sell them and don't even bother - bunch of crabby SOBs over there....

As for transplanting the logo from the 42 to the 45, it is possible. Marrick was able to successfully remove the logo from my 42 and move it up a bit (the v4 POs had the logo right on top of Omega - so he moved it up a bit).

I'm no expert, but I say yes (Marrick, back me up on this please !!!!!)

When I try to fix the bad Omega logo on my u.PO. I remember Marrick told me he can take out the Omega logo, shave the bottom and put it back for a better location, it involve lots of work but it is possible. Anyway at the end we decide to change the dial to fix the problem because that is more easy. Btw......Marrick did a great job on my watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

well moving the logo is definitely possible, as TripleHD stated in his post.

The only reason there hasnt been many members trying to replace the rep dial with the genuine dial in the later models is because the rep dial is actually quite accurate - apart from the logo. I personally think its a really minor issue, but i guess it may be more major for others.

I would definitely suggest moving the logo and saving yourself the 150-160USD for a genuine dial. thanks for the mention TripleHD and Who.

well moving the logo is definitely possible, as TripleHD stated in his post.

The only reason there hasnt been many members trying to replace the rep dial with the genuine dial in the later models is because the rep dial is actually quite accurate - apart from the logo. I personally think its a really minor issue, but i guess it may be more major for others.

I would definitely suggest moving the logo and saving yourself the 150-160USD for a genuine dial. thanks for the mention TripleHD and Who.

Thank you Marrick...you did a hell of a job moving up the logo and installing the gen hands for me.

240108-10084.jpg

Has anyone actually fit a gen dial on the 45mm ?

I have yet to see a member do this Kruzer00, but I think it will fit. the 2500 movement that the genuine has is still based off the 2892 - meaning the dimensions should be the same - so the genuine dial will fit the 2824/2836 movements. I can't see any issues with it unless the case is off, but the ultimate seems to be very very close to the genuine thing so my guess would be that the rep case could be 1:1 - i've work on several of these ultimates and they are very very good quality watches. Hope that helps.