When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta Or Chinese

Cats

... it has also an ETA balence and then a good chance of every thing else!

I tend to agree with this, the balance weal that comes with original ETA is different from the one Panarei bespokes for their watches, and which Chinese have copied, hence when I see the Panarei-style balance, I doubth this is real ETA, the pretty "top" Fiddy movements that attract high prices at our dealers are likely to have Asian copy movments, SN regular, correct balance -- likely to be total Asian rather then enhanced ETA

I tend to agree with this, the balance weal that comes with original ETA is different from the one Panarei bespokes for their watches, and which Chinese have copied, hence when I see the Panarei-style balance, I doubth this is real ETA, the pretty "top" Fiddy movements that attract high prices at our dealers are likely to have Asian copy movments, SN regular, correct balance -- likely to be total Asian rather then enhanced ETA

Thanks guys for the quick response.

So if i'm right it's most likely a Chinese copy of an ETA movement.

If i'm able to buy this for 250 US is it a rip off or a good price

regards,

Cats

ETA 6497-1

old Rep (around 2 years old model)

movement is standard quality (but better as asia 6497) and the blue wheels are not blued, only cheap blue color (will tarnished aftoer some month/years). I don´t know if the movement is realy engraved or only pasted (like asian unitas).

here a pic of movement without engraving and blue wheels.

Edited by tourbillon1801

Thanks guys for the quick response.

So if i'm right it's most likely a Chinese copy of an ETA movement.

If i'm able to buy this for 250 US is it a rip off or a good price

regards,

Cats

$250 was a good price 2 years ago, when this rep comes on market. But now you can find better watches with swan´s neck and correct bridges for $300 - $350.

$250 was a good price 2 years ago, when this rep comes on market. But now you can find better watches with swan´s neck and correct bridges for $300 - $350.

Ok but can i buy these PAM 127 with the new swan neck movements within the EU.

The guys at the border know my name and adress so that a problem.

Buy the way the guy who is offering me this watch is within the EU.

Regards,

Cats

ETA 6497-1

old Rep (around 2 years old model)

movement is standard quality (but better as asia 6497) and the blue wheels are not blued, only cheap blue color (will tarnished aftoer some month/years). I don´t know if the movement is realy engraved or only pasted (like asian unitas).

here a pic of movement without engraving and blue wheels.

I was reading your message with great interest. I was not sure if I understood you correctly though, the movements on your pictures, are they Swiss made or Asian? The reason I am asking is that I compared your pic with my movement and they appear identical.

I bought my watch a month ago, it is very exact, and the rest of the watch is also wonderful with a good finish, feels solid etc. and the seller was also good (price around 300usd) . So now I am thinking about also buying the titanium version as well, but will only do so if it has a Swiss movement.

The watch I bought was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNITAS-ETA-6497-WATC...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was reading your message with great interest. I was not sure if I understood you correctly though, the movements on your pictures, are they Swiss made or Asian? The reason I am asking is that I compared your pic with my movement and they appear identical.

I bought my watch a month ago, it is very exact, and the rest of the watch is also wonderful with a good finish, feels solid etc. and the seller was also good (price around 300usd) . So now I am thinking about also buying the titanium version as well, but will only do so if it has a Swiss movement.

The watch I bought was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNITAS-ETA-6497-WATC...1QQcmdZViewItem

thnaks for your reply.

We are talking about the same guy.

I'l will be a lot confident dealing with him

Regards,

Cats

thnaks for your reply.

We are talking about the same guy.

I'l will be a lot confident dealing with him

Regards,

Cats

I have, as I said above, bought a watch from him and I am happy with the seller. He sent the items as promised etc so I am considering buying the same watch but in titanium. But I have also read the thread in General Discussion about dealers "white lies" (ie claiming to use Swiss movements and saphire crystal when it is not) so before buying as second watch I wanted to be 100% that it is a Swiss made Eta. But again, my experience from the seller is so far good, but since he is not making the watches himself I wanted to ask some experts here on the forum. "Better safe than sorry" as they say........

• 2 weeks later...