When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ar Coating Questions That May Be Helpful To All And Me, Lol

rbj69

i was wondering if anyone had info on this matter and im sure it would help other decide and please no guesses and or assumptions, facts only and maybe even tell us where u learned it from , that would be even more helpful, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Breitling evolution - genuine , does it have blue or a different color ar coating and is it coated on inside only or on both sides?

IWC ingy chrono amg - same as above questions

PAM 188 daylight chrono- same as above questions

OMEGA orange po 45.5 mm -same as above questions

VC overseas-same as above

Cartier pasha seatimer- same as above questions

and any others u may have information on is helpful

thanks in advance

joe (rbj69)

i was wondering if anyone had info on this matter and im sure it would help other decide and please no guesses and or assumptions, facts only and maybe even tell us where u learned it from , that would be even more helpful, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Breitling evolution - genuine , does it have blue or a different color ar coating and is it coated on inside only or on both sides?

IWC ingy chrono amg - same as above questions

PAM 188 daylight chrono- same as above questions

OMEGA orange po 45.5 mm -same as above questions

VC overseas-same as above

Cartier pasha seatimer- same as above questions

and any others u may have information on is helpful

thanks in advance

joe (rbj69)

O has a thick purple tint double sided. (i own a gen) VC overseas has a double purple tint similar to the O (double per the brochure and purple tint from seeing the gen on my wrist)

O has a thick purple tint double sided. (i own a gen) VC overseas has a double purple tint similar to the O (double per the brochure and purple tint from seeing the gen on my wrist)

so the blue tint is a no go for the Omega and VC huh? darn

thanks flav

joe

AR coating will actually have slight color shifts from run to run. If we run a batch of crystals today, they'll look ever so slightly different than a batch we run a month from now. In any event, if you've never seen a genuine watch with AR then you probably don't realize how subtle the tint to the coating really is. And the apparent visual color of the coating will change depending on the color temperature of the ambient light under which you're evaluating the tint. There really is no difference in the purple or blue tint. It's actually the same coating unless they're intentionally adding a coloring agent, which isn't the case on high end watch coatings...

Omega is usually an AR coat on the inside of the crystal.

Breitling usually does double sided ie. inside and outside.

Please bear in mind, many owners of genuines remove their top AR coating as it is easy to smudge or scratch, making it look bad. Therefore, I would go for just an inside coating.

uh oh, now we have one saying omega po has one side only coated and one person saying both sides, , so now what? lol

joe

I meant Omega in general, not the PO. I couldn't tell you what the PO is like. Ask cwai as he has a genuine as well. Personally I would go for inside coat and that's it :) But that's your decision.

I meant Omega in general, not the PO. I couldn't tell you what the PO is like. Ask cwai as he has a genuine as well. Personally I would go for inside coat and that's it :) But that's your decision.

the double AR looks amazing! the hands shine more, the dial stands out and it looks like there is no crystal at all sometimes!

the double AR looks amazing! the hands shine more, the dial stands out and it looks like there is no crystal at all sometimes!

Same thing happens on my SMP Chrono, but it has only the inside coated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

both are great watches :D

should be the same unless someone removed the outer coating.

I had a gen black PO on my wrist a fortnight ago and it looked nowhere near as obvious an AR coating as on my brother's orange. I reckon it's because of an optical illusion caused by orange being on the opposite side of the colour wheel to blue or something. :blink:

A member of this forum who had both PAM 111H and 112H series said that the Ar coating colour was different..

In the 111H was greenish and in the 112H was blueish...

I can only agree with the 112I which is indeed blueish, don;t know about the 111

• 1 year later...
A member of this forum who had both PAM 111H and 112H series said that the Ar coating colour was different..

In the 111H was greenish and in the 112H was blueish...

I can only agree with the 112I which is indeed blueish, don;t know about the 111

OK, does anyone? Is the 111h one sided or two? Single or double? Just trying to get it right... ;)