When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is My Case Flooded ?

rag9fx

Hi all this is the senario:

i wore my 1680 in the shower yesterday morning ... i don't normally do this with reps but i requested that the case be presure proofed and tested ... so i assumed that it was... however as soon as i stepped outside the crystal completely fogged up ... i sat in my watch box over night ... peeked at this morning and there was still some moisture in the center of the dial ... 6 hours later i check up on it again and it looks clear so i assumed that the moisture cleared... but the moment i put it on my wrist it clouded up again... this is the first time have seen this... is my case flooded ? what should i do ???

Cheers mate... how long would the back have to be exposed ?... i don't want my watch to feel vunerable and/ or naked any longer than she has to be

At the risk of stating the obvious..........for as long as it takes. Without knowing the extent of the H2O infiltration ;) and to be absolutely sure, a couple of days ought to do it.

JTB

Take off the case back and put it in a tupperware box with a couple of bags of silica gel, you know the litte bags that come in the box with your new computor/tv/or waht ever. This will create a dry atmophere in the box and alow it to dry out fully.

Aww.

You are the nicest to your silica gel.

I recently bought mine a bag of popcorn.

Beef jerkey is prolly the way to go!

SO

Sweating is not good.

Maybe you ought to tell whom ever you received the watch from of the issue.

I currently have a 1680 that I sealed myself and had my w-smith test for me

and wear it daily in the hot tub. (Canada BRRRRRR! -17c)

No condensation probs.

Good luck.

raq9fx plz consider after opening the watch up and drying it, to waterproof it.

if there's a leak it possibly could ruin the movement and dial :wounded1:

it's an mbw right?

fitting an o-ring under crystal and gluing it w/ hypocement (just a tiny bit so it don't pour into the dial area)

and also silicon grease ALL o-rings is sufficient in my opinion

remember to remove all o-rings and grease them (tiny amount, no surplus) and not just paint them w/ grease and toothpick

to tighten the case invest in proper rolex casebackopener (not rubber one) since it will allow you to tighten the case even harder