When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh And Andrews Cartier Swiss Eta 2000 Big Price Jump!

ajoesmith

it's a great deal with a genuine ETA 2000 movement!

Sure is if it's an ETA 2000, which is what Cartier puts in the gen. And if nobody wants to pay 588, the price will go down. Are you sure the price jump wasn't because the movement changed from a 2824 or something? Which is not to say that Pug is not the Alan Greenspan of the replica watch market....:)

Sure is if it's an ETA 2000, which is what Cartier puts in the gen. And if nobody wants to pay 588, the price will go down. Are you sure the price jump wasn't because the movement changed from a 2824 or something? Which is not to say that Pug is not the Alan Greenspan of the replica watch market....:)

Josh and Andrew have been selling that with an ETA2000 for over 3 months now if i can recall. Same Pics, same specs since i first saw it for sale. Actually, I first saw Ruby carrying it.

Could the price hike just be because ETA2000 are harder to obtain now?

I dont think they'd price it at 350 if it had a 2824.

I was looking at the ETA 2000 version a few months back on Josh's site and it was $399. The standard ETA version was much cheaper. This is definitely a price hike on the same watch and movement, unless the one before was being falsely advertised and this one is not. There were always 2 versions though.

Thanks you are correct, i knew it had gone up. Luckily i bought one about 3 months ago and got it for a steal at $325!!!!.

But how can they justify the price jump?? its nearly $200 more expensive.

Even if it is an ETA 2000 that Cartier uses in the Gen, you can buy a Guaranteed Genuine Swiss ETA 2000 for $150 from Bob 'Deranged' Ofrei!!!!

http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html its the 4th Movement from the top

by the way there was a cheaper version on Josh and Andrews site with an ETA 2671 for around $200 but its gone now.....??

I think you may find that the price hike is to accomodate potential new clients from outside the forums......when I posted on RWI last year about the conversations that I had wth various dealers about prices having to rise, part of the basis for my comments in that post were based on a discussion I had with Trusty wherein he stated to me that he and Josh were contemplating leaving the forums and looking tp the wider and more naive market of the world wide web.....!

Hence the reason there's been a price hike on the Website without a reasonable explanation......an explanation of the price hike would reveal to non-forum members that these items were previously available at a lesser cost.

Edited by TTK

So are you thinking that Andrew and Josh actually intend to keep the old prices for folks on the forum, or is that just the new way they plan to market their goods, and they're all right with losing a few buyers here in favor of the new larger market?

I think that while the WWW is full of people willing to pay largely for a watch or two, they certainly aren't going to be the regular buyers that most forum members are or eventually become. For us it's like a disease. It can't be stopped. Hell, I have a couple of watches that have been here over a year and been worn once...or never.

At any rate I'd be sad to see Andrew and Josh's prices cost them their business around here. Both are great dealers. I can say though that there are other dealers that are just as attentive to their customers and offer lower prices on most of the same products already. ;)

Edited by Category 5

I think you may find that the price hike is to accomodate potential new clients from outside the forums......when I posted on RWI last year about the conversations that I had wth various dealers about prices having to rise, part of the basis for my comments in that post were based on a discussion I had with Trusty wherein he stated to me that he and Josh were contemplating leaving the forums and looking tp the wider and more naive market of the world wide web.....!

Hence the reason there's been a price hike on the Website without a reasonable explanation......an explanation of the price hike would reveal to non-forum members that these items were previously available at a lesser cost.

If the strategy, as somone above wonders, is to trade forum buyers for the uneducated masses, and market themselves as a low(er)-cost alternative to Idealwatches.com, I pridict that, within days of any accross the board price hike, the educated consumer demand around here will be met by some new "trusty/Jos." Dad's old cliche, that nobody is indespensible, is as true around these parts as it is in the real world.

First of all let me say that I am merely expresing my opinion.....based on knowledge that's openly available and knowledge that isn't......!

All I will say is the following.

If I or any other dealer had been selling a product for 3 months at a price that was obviously acceptable to both parties ...i:e ....seller and buyer.......then suddenly within a week of a major storm blowing up regarding my practices......I was suddenly to raise my prices CONSIDERABLY.....without giving any explanation....such as....."sorry guys.....these ETA movements have just taken a jump in price...and we have to pass that along..."...or......"we're now having to bribe the local police to turn a blind eye to our activity.....and we have to pass that along"......thne that would be acceptable....but when there's a price hike....for no apparent good reason.....linked to a historical statement that said parties were going to drop the boards for a broader based demographic.......well.....it's not rocket science......price rises are sometimes inevitable....but lack of an explanation shouldn't be....!

Edited by TTK

if they really want to go outside of the forums - then, they should create a log in that allows for a discount and they should remove the RWI link to mkae it more difficult for people to find the log in.

I know we aren't a huge huge group - but were steady and consistant - if thats the case with them, i would have to really focus my purchases elsewhere - there are several people that have access to the same product, its a shame.

They should just do what paul does - he has 2 sites same [censored], different prices

its actually good for sales - if you know nothing and see the same thing on 2 sites, youl likley pay the extra 20 bucks or extra 40 bucks cause you figure that other one has to be a little nicer :)