When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Avenger Dial Repair

LunarEndeavor

Okay, here's my question . . . I'm looking for a genuine dial for my Chrono Avenger and I found the one pictured. So, what can I do to repair the rub marks on the white dots near all the numbers? Do I take it to the jeweler to get it relumed? Would that fix the problem? Or . . . maybe I should continue looking elsewhere. Is it worth it? Thanks!

post-4356-1170031234_thumb.jpg

Okay, here's my question . . . I'm looking for a genuine dial for my Chrono Avenger and I found the one pictured. So, what can I do to repair the rub marks on the white dots near all the numbers? Do I take it to the jeweler to get it relumed? Would that fix the problem? Or . . . maybe I should continue looking elsewhere. Is it worth it? Thanks!

Looks like you've found Watchpool. :D

Those dots can probably just be cleaned. If not, you can, as you suggest, fix it with a relume. I doubt you'll find anyone else selling genuine dials, I'm afraid.

Sometimes, however, the actual dial pictured isn't the one you get. He reuses pictures. For the record, I did get the one pictured here:

191553-4793.jpg

And it went here:

191553-4794.jpg

And ended up like this:

191553-4795.jpg

Looks like you've found Watchpool. :D

Sometimes, however, the actual dial pictured isn't the one you get.

Yes, unfortunately <_< . Welcome to the club :animal_rooster: . I purchased several dials and all (really all of them) arrived with noticable scratches, dings and dongs and often different to the shown pics. Some have been misprinted. Anyway: If it is just the lume let it (re-)lume plus hands and that's it. Sometimes scratches (if not too deep) can be retouched by clear varnish. But that is a very special job and success can't be guaranteed...

Well, well, well. Now I'm not sure again . . . hmmm <_< . . . I'll try asking him if this is the one actually pictured, and determine where my comfort level is at that point. Thanks for the input shultz; it would be awesome if all it took was a little cleaning. Not many other alternatives out there really, is there? Maybe I can get one through Breitling and pay a hefty pemium for a new one, if that's even possible . . . :marinheiro: