When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paris Gtg Was Great

Usil

Ryyannon, Pugwash and Usil met at the Cafe Select for a great afternoon of good conversation, beer and sharing our stories of our past growing rep collections. Pugwash just about brought everything in their very nice display boxes and I am sure that those seated around us were wondering what the hell we were doing.

We showed our new watches, straps and bracelets and Pugwash provided me with an extra link for my IWC SS GST which made it fit perfectly. Pugwash is moving toward the bigger watches and finds that he can wear them. This is one of the advantages of us getting together to see watches we don't own and trying them on for size and looks. Unfortunately, and you will not be able to understand this until you make the transition, it moves your perception of what a watch should look like on your wrist and suddenly all your smaller watches, as good as they look in your case, just seem too small on the wrist after that.

Ryyannon had one of his favorites in the shop. It was a PAM (can not remember the number) with a beautiful Russian movement that seems to have developed a problem. Hope it works out well as it has been gone for 2 weeks.

Sorry that others in Paris could not join us.

Looking forward to one more GTG (Maybe early March) before Pugwash leaves for greener fields, literally.

Usil

My thanks to Usil for his very thoughful girft of a lovely, vanilla-scented Cape Cod Cloth (which I am tempted to use on my face to see if it can erase lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes), as well as to Pug for his never-ending supply of Cohiba cigarillos :-)

Ryyannon was unfortunately very much under the weather - and you'd have to actually see what the weather is like here to fully appreciate the full significance of that metaphor - and hence his apology to those present for giving the impression of being more dead than alive.

The sheer quantity of the watches brought to the table literally made his head swim, but it was nice being able to try on a Fiddy (or two) and see that one can carry off actually wearing one....

As mentioned above, his beloved Panerai vintage 2533 was in the shop for an oil change and a tune-up, and ryyannon felt buck-nekkid without it.

The conversation - owning to his lack of life-force - was resolutely watch-oriented, with the exception of some fascinating information concerning the intelligence of various animals, insects and even - if ryyannon's failing memory still serves - various viruses.

Many of which he feels that he's hosting.

My thanks to Usil for his very thoughful girft of a lovely, vanilla-scented Cape Cod Cloth (which I am tempted to use on my face to see if it can erase lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes), as well as to Pug for his never-ending supply of Cohiba cigarillos :-)

Ryyannon was unfortunately very much under the weather - and you'd have to actually see what the weather is like here to fully appreciate the full significance of that metaphor - and hence his apology to those present for giving the impression of being more dead than alive.

The sheer quantity of the watches brought to the table literally made his head swim, but it was nice being able to try on a Fiddy (or two) and see that one can carry off actually wearing one....

As mentioned above, his beloved Panerai vintage 2533 was in the shop for an oil change and a tune-up, and ryyannon felt buck-nekkid without it.

The conversation - owning to his lack of life-force - was resolutely watch-oriented, with the exception of some fascinating information concerning the intelligence of various animals, insects and even - if ryyannon's failing memory still serves - various viruses.

Many of which he feels that he's hosting.

we get minutes? cool....