When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hit With Taxes

Devedander

Second order from Silix... first order got hit with a $74 COD... I guess customs either decided $74 was correct tax on $15000 worth of legit watches, or just charged taxes on fake watches and let me through...

Today the second one comes... I knew it was trouble after it spend 2 weekdays and the whole weekend in customs (most of my other orders go through in minutes or hours) $121...

Friggin customs gets me again!

Sorry, nothing creative here... just a frustrated rant... I have to wonder if they have Silix's drop shippers address or something because that's 2 for 2 from him that have been taxed... :(

@devedander, this is not good news; sorry to hear it man. :black_eye:

i hope this is not a new trend for watches coming through san francisco customs. what kind of documentation did they provide regarding why they are making you pay $121 to get your goods? sounds kind of arbitrary to me.

deltatahoe

Last time it just said tax... dont think it listed any reason why...

I didn't have my check book on me this time so it's back at the PO waiting for me to pick it up... will see then...

Either way it does suck... a lot...

EDIT for the record this is not a knock on Silix... they have given me good service so far... could just be bad luck... just really bad luck...

Edited by Devedander

That sucks At least you got your watches. I just ordered 2 tt subs from andrew Almost $600. I asked him to ship them separate he said they only ship one parcel with a order of two watches. I really hope I just get stuck with taxes if anything arises but with my luck they'll take the whole parcel :thumbdown:

Last time it was declared "properly" (I won't say exactly what but it seems within the norm) and this time like I said I haven't picked it up yet...

I am wondering if it's worthwhile to have them declare something like $90 so I pay some taxes on it, but maybe customs won't bother looking to verify...

It's just weird because from what I hear, getting taxed is very rare... either it's confiscated or it's not... the only reason I suspect it might be the shipper is that I have gotten watches from other dealers fine to this address, so my address isn't flagged... yet this rare occurance now twice... :(

That sucks At least you got your watches. I just ordered 2 tt subs from andrew Almost $600. I asked him to ship them separate he said they only ship one parcel with a order of two watches. I really hope I just get stuck with taxes if anything arises but with my luck they'll take the whole parcel :thumbdown:

Did you offer to pay extra shipping for the second one? I can't see why he would' say no if you did... I ordered a few watches from Andrew and they came through just fine to this address so keep the fingers crossed.

Did you offer to pay extra shipping for the second one? I can't see why he would' say no if you did... I ordered a few watches from Andrew and they came through just fine to this address so keep the fingers crossed.

He didn't offer he said not to worry everything will be fine. We will see. I think the dealers dont want to alarm us I think a fair amount of parcels get tagged maybe as high as 1 out of every 12.

He didn't offer he said not to worry everything will be fine. We will see. I think the dealers dont want to alarm us I think a fair amount of parcels get tagged maybe as high as 1 out of every 12.

Where do guys get your statistics......out of thin air....maybe the same statistics company that Fox News source from.....?

@TTK Worse than welding spatter? Yes. Something Silix could have caught with a 5x loupe? I don't think so... but then he never said he would ;)

As for my statistics... Jay told me he has seen someone get taxed 3 times in his whole time selling watches. Guess we better up that to 5...

@kruzer From all accounts I have heard (from dealers) that being taxed is very rare... as for being on a list... got orders from TTK, Josh, Andrew, Angus and EL... no problems... so that leaves Jay... I would think we would have heard about it by now from his customers if he was on a list...

At this point I guess I better not feel safe even standing in the spot lightening just struck...

192335-4614.jpg

Edited by Devedander

Boy that sucks...i've received over 25+ packages over the last 2.5 years from EL and i've gotten lucky so far<knock on wood>. I always track the EMS when eddie sends one and it usually clears customs within a day. I hope things remain all quiet on the Western Front. I think the only time I was really concerned was when I picked up the All Gold 18k Frank Muller with engraved movement... :whistling:

Edited by promotersf

Yeah, well I guess I better start shipping to a different address or something... I have talked to Jay and while he is surprised as it is very rare to be taxed at all through SFO (let alone twice) he has some ideas that may help avoid future problems if it really is more than bad luck... I guess only time will tell...

I received two items from Andrew yesterday-a Tag Carrera and a Daytona @ $600. No problems with US Customs at all. Shipped on Jan 24. Delivered on Jan 29. Great watches BTW. Great service. Fast delivery. I will review soon.

Second order from Silix... first order got hit with a $74 COD... I guess customs either decided $74 was correct tax on $15000 worth of legit watches, or just charged taxes on fake watches and let me through...

Today the second one comes... I knew it was trouble after it spend 2 weekdays and the whole weekend in customs (most of my other orders go through in minutes or hours) $121...

Friggin customs gets me again!

Sorry, nothing creative here... just a frustrated rant... I have to wonder if they have Silix's drop shippers address or something because that's 2 for 2 from him that have been taxed... :(

That is a bummer :thumbdown: Taxes can add up quickly almost to the cost of another watch.

Condolences

TTK - :lol: My statistics say there is no chance of anything happening. 40 packages - no problems.

Devedander-

The liklihood of this happening more than once in a very long while is fairly low. So I would guess either your name or the dealer's is on some list. :wounded1:

:animal_rooster:

over and over again the same storys...

for 2 years a friend told me, that he has order more than 30 watches without problems. So i have ordered 2 watches and the 2nd was held from german customs. I told this to a friend and he means that is only a bad luck... no more. He has ordered also a watch and customs held is first watch, too.

2 years later all poeple ask me again: "we order so so many watches without problems." So i have try it again. First watch from Josh arrived savely and the second watch HELD BY CUSTOMS.

3 watches on customs? And all 3 to different adress and from different dealers?

woooooow what a bad luck :black_eye:

I have had no problems of watched shipped to IL for me coming in through Chicago customs.

On another note how is it that a lot of dealers dont like to ship to Texas due to the high seizure rate from their cusotms. I dont understand how it can vary so much from one state to another.