When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prices like this...

automatico

I am surprised he did not post it as an auction. But it will be interesting to see if he actually gets $1.7k for used aftermarket parts.:g:

In an somewhat related matter, I am in process of updating my 1st franken. This was 1 of the 1st reps made with a good, Swiss-made (ETA) movement back in the 1980s. Shortly after purchase, I figured out that its dimensions were the same as the gen DJ of the day, so I took a chance & purchased gen two-tone end links & steel clasp (at that time, you could walk into an AD & order Rolex parts from the mothership without a problem -- other than the cost:shock:). As it turned out, they fit perfectly. The watch has since been upgraded with gen crown/tube & I am awaiting the arrival of a gen xtal & bezel. Once received, I will either update that original thread or post the result to a new thread. Now, with 4 decades of natural patina, it is interesting to hold it next to my gen DJ of the same vintage & see two genuinely vintage Rolex watches.

That looks like  a cartel case    the shape of the crown side lug is too thick and sticks out past the bezel , like the cartel cases do. and those crown guards are thiccc!!

THE LISTING STATES THAT IT HAS SOLD.

ouch!

"That looks like a cartel case."

Yeah, sorta like the $50 cartel case I used for my 'shortcut 1655' except the eBay case has better numbers/letters.

My J$W '1655' case looks much better...to me anyway.

"THE LISTING STATES THAT IT HAS SOLD."

Looks like someone got caught walking sideways.  Imho.   :pimp: