When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It Possible To Add To The Swiss 7750 The Gears Used To Move The 30 Min Subdial To 3?

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

Does anyone knows if it is possible to use the transfer gears used in the 7750 asian movements with 30 min subdials moved to 3 o'clock position with a SWISS 7750?

I'm asking that to know if it is possible to swich the movement to have a more reliable watch.

also for the hands can they be adapted for the new movement?

Thanks

Maybe, but why? ETA has already done this for you. It is the ETA Valjoux 7753. If your looking to use the transfer plate for the Daytona layout, it's possible, but the resulting movement still doesn't have the power for the extra gears. In the end you'll end up with an unreliable swiss movement.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Maybe, but why? ETA has already done this for you. It is the ETA Valjoux 7753. If your looking to use the transfer plate for the Daytona layout, it's possible, but the resulting movement still doesn't have the power for the extra gears. In the end you'll end up with an unreliable swiss movement.

The Hublot big bang doesn't have a 7753 also in the original so I want to know if it is possible to do whay I asked, anyone knows that?

Thanks

Guest RiverwindMDS
Is that the HUB44 movement? If so, it says 7750 on the base.

We are talking gen here, right?

That is the gen movement of the Hublot Big Bang posted by UziUzi that's why I thought it was on a 7750 base and not 7753.

Anybody have a reply to my main question?

Guest RiverwindMDS
That's just a pic from Ofrei, isn't it?.....

UziUzi posted that pictures in another thread.

The movement has attached the HBB hands and it is original. I don't know if ofrei has this pictures.

Guest RiverwindMDS
To answer your first question, yes you can swap the parts from an Asian quasi 7753 into a ETA 7750, and make an ETA/Asian 7753 subdial layout.

If you want to know HOW to do it, click on this link, it's all there...I did it a couple of years ago...

Installing a ETA 7750 with a Asian 775(3)

RG

Thank you very much The Zigmeister, you are the man.

How much will it be if I send you my Hublot big bang?

Thanks