When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Davidsen 177h (swiss) With Bob Strap

randombloke

looks like a great watch! i think the AR coating on davidsen's is the best. his watches have a genuine quality feel.

I have also been thinking about getting a 177. Have looked at both Joshuas and Davidsens. Davidsen seems to have a very good reputation for good quality, which I like and I am also willing to compromise a little with the small estitical deviations from the original for getting a good quality watch. (My logic is, what is the difference between an L or a T or font size on the face of the watch, if it ends up broken in my drawer?). My main concern is the price. 390 usd+ 20 usd shipping and some other costs for transfering the money probably means that I will hit 430-450 having the watch at home. If I then want to get a new strap it comes up to maybe 550. Quite a lot for a rep watch even if it is one of the best.

Does anyone here have any input regarding the quality of the movements and other quality issues of the Joshuas and Davidsens?

I have Joshua's 176h and love it, 177h minus the minute hand. I paid $300 for it but it doesn't have superlume on cannon pin fix. I'm debating selling it and buying Davidsen's. By the time I'm done with the upgrades it would be a little more. I'm hoping that someone can convince me that Davidsen's is "the bomb" and then I could justify the hassle of selling and buying.

I'm currently planning out my next rep - which will be another PAM - and I'm torn between Davidsen's 177h and the 111h. A friend just ordered the 177h and suggested i get the 111h and we swap back and forth LOL

• 1 month later...

FULL SPECS AS FOLLOWS:

:-GENUINE TITANIUM WATCH CASE(44MM)

:-GENUINE TITANIUM CROWN AND CROWN GUARD

:-NEW FONT SUPERLUMED C3 SANDWICH DIAL AND HANDS

:-GEUUNIE SAPPHIRE WITH AR COATING

:-GENUINE SWISS MADE UNITAS 6497 WITH SWAN NECK

:-GENUINE TITANIUM CASE BACK WITH SAPPHIRE

:-24X22MM LEATHER STRAP WITH BEAD BLAST TI FINSIH BUCKLE

PRICE US$ 390.00/PC WITH FREE SHIPPING

I just ordered mine yesterday from Davidsen. :bicycle: Mr Nixon free shipping is noted, and the moneybooker.com fee wasn't too substantial.

Thanks for the advice on the buckle. I'll keep my other one before selling off the piece with another strap.

BSAK

FULL SPECS AS FOLLOWS:

:-GENUINE TITANIUM WATCH CASE(44MM)

:-GENUINE TITANIUM CROWN AND CROWN GUARD

:-NEW FONT SUPERLUMED C3 SANDWICH DIAL AND HANDS

:-GEUUNIE SAPPHIRE WITH AR COATING

:-GENUINE SWISS MADE UNITAS 6497 WITH SWAN NECK

:-GENUINE TITANIUM CASE BACK WITH SAPPHIRE

:-24X22MM LEATHER STRAP WITH BEAD BLAST TI FINSIH BUCKLE

:-REALLY BAD DIAL FONT

PRICE US$ 390.00/PC WITH FREE SHIPPING

I just ordered mine yesterday from Davidsen. :bicycle: Mr Nixon free shipping is noted, and the moneybooker.com fee wasn't too substantial.

Thanks for the advice on the buckle. I'll keep my other one before selling off the piece with another strap.

BSAK

Actually i think it looks terrible...

The dial font looks great!

Is this gen 1, 2, or 3 of the dial font?

Thanks!

Nice rep, enjoy....!

Most important thing is you are happy with it. However, i wouldnt be....IWCs being my new toy I might have missed something in this whole davidsen discussion about the font but chad is so RIGHT: Davidsen's font is simply wrong ! Look at pictures of the gen below and you decide ! Also, why is your lume blue instead of green ? Actually I love the blue more but is this some camera trick or is it different lume ??

222886-13999.jpg

222886-14000.jpg

The font is essentially CORRECT on the 111H as you can see here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/my-new-111i-t23284.html

This is the right font, offered on the 111H by PT and others...except that the gen has more yellowish font colour, it is less bright white....But the davidsen font is wrong IMHO...

I think the font on your watch is really nice, and would not say that one of them is "terrible" whereas the other one is beautiful, considering the small difference between them. If one is so super concerned with that super small difference, well then it is probably bettter to buy a gen and feel happy because a rep will never ever be 100% the same therefore only cause an enormous frustration of having a "terrible" face. Personally I like the watch, and it is also good quality which I think is very important.

For some the glass is 99% full, and for others it is 1% terribly empty.....

High cannon pin

Superlume

Thick crown

C1 (70) C3(30) sandwich

and several other upgrades over my current 177

It's a huge difference that I'm gonna be happy with Chad :)

What's the terrible thing that you can see?

...Also, why is your lume blue instead of green ? Actually I love the blue more but is this some camera trick or is it different lume ??

Your pics show a gen 177G with painted/sausage dial. Those used to come with green-ish lume when charged.

H-series (sandwich dials) glow with more blue-ish charged lume color.

Davidsen's latest lume color is true to the gen H-series 44mm sandwich-dial Luminors. Also the off-white color of the dial indices and hands is extremely close to 1:1 :)

cheers,

babola