When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polishing - Did I Ruin My Brushed Tag?

morgan123

Polishing - did I ruin my brushed Tag?

So I got my Autosol in the mail today, and I went to town on my Tag Chrono... I couldn't believe how much dirt came off.... It was black and it just kept coming and coming... But then all of the sudden it started to shine so much... It lost the brushed effect.

Now I have a shiny polished Tag Chrono Heuer, and it doesn't look very good. It looks totally wrong.

Can I get it back to brushed?? This sucks. Who heard of a polished Tag Chrono bracelet?

Polishing - did I ruin my brushed Tag?

So I got my Autosol in the mail today, and I went to town on my Tag Chrono... I couldn't believe how much dirt came off.... It was black and it just kept coming and coming... But then all of the sudden it started to shine so much... It lost the brushed effect.

Now I have a shiny polished Tag Chrono Heuer, and it doesn't look very good. It looks totally wrong.

Can I get it back to brushed?? This sucks. Who heard of a polished Tag Chrono bracelet?

Of course. Shinny to brushed is easy. You already did the hard one, brushed to shinny. Just take some 000 or 0000 steel wool and stroke the bracelet in one direction until the desired amount of satinizing is achieved. Be careful with this Tag bracelet though. It is VERY soft metal and that probably accounts for the amount of metal you took off in the original polishing and how easy it was to "accidently" raise a high polish.

And a word of advice.....go easy bro. No need to clean your toys to death. Get a polishing cloth from your jeweler and put the power washer away!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sure you can get back the brushed look. You can use SOS pads (flat green ones with no detergent) to put back the brush strokes (make sure you use short straight strokes) and if you want an even finer brushed look you can go over it with a fiberglass brush pen afterwards. you can get the brushes from ebay or ofrei.com . I redid a canal rep just to see the potential. I polished the thing completely and then rebrushed myself for a two tone style brushed/polished look. It came out fantastic. All you need to do is put scotch tape over any area you want to remain polished, and start the brushin. You'll probably have fun!