When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting New Collection From Timex

Guest TTK

Yes I know they are quartz......but they're Yooropean quartz......besides when did quartz get in the way of a nice design....for a daily beater.......shame they didn't offer in auto......but I do like the two tone 18k plated and steel World Timer....TX500.......beautiful design....AND 45mm DIAMETER....and bearing a very close resemblance to Maurice Lacroix.......!

195665-3316.jpg

195665-3317.jpg

TX500 World Time

The TX World Time ensures you don’t have to compromise style over information when you reach your destination. Incorporating 24 key cities from Hong Kong to Honolulu, this watch is geared towards the contemporary international traveler.

The stainless steel case takes style cues from the dashboard gauges of modern aviation, while the sculpted dial adds the right measure of finesse to blend perfectly with the enameled crown.

At the push of a button, the upper hand accurately displays the requested second time zone, while the lower hand indicates the season in that city with a provision for daylight savings time. The detailing on each of the six hands ensures the TX World Time has a bold three-dimensional appeal, while the Luminous hands provide ease of legibility.

Alongside the TX marque on the dial, the tangerine style cues add to the overall composition on both the black and white dials, ensuring that the TX World Time works with both the leather straps and stainless steel bracelet to create a picture of perfect time keeping, whatever the location.

World time has never looked so good.

German quartz movement design

Proprietary 6 hand movement

4 independent motors, each driving a specific function

Premium sapphire crystal

Screw down crown (300 & 500 series)

Sculpted dials and luminous hands

Multifunctional retrograde display

Bold dashboard styling

Water resistant to 10ATM

Time and season displayed for 24 cities around the world

Simplified handling of daylight savings time with season setting

Date Window

Stainless steel case available on genuine leather strap or dual finish steel bracelet with push button deployment clasp.

Two-tone rose gold and steel case available on genuine leather strap with deployment clasp.

Case Diameter: 45mm Distance between lugs: 20mm

Battery: Panasonic CR2016 Battery life: 4 years

T3B831: Bezel ring – 3 mic 18k Rose gold. Galvanic plating.

Crown and Pushers – 5 mic 18k Rose gold. Galvanic

The rest of the TX series....!

195665-3318.jpg

195665-3319.jpg

195665-3320.jpg

195665-3321.jpg

195665-3322.jpg

195665-3323.jpg

Edited by TTK

Yes I know they are quartz......but they're Yooropean quartz......besides when did quartz get in the way of a nice design....for a daily beater.......shame they didn't offer in auto......but I do like the two tone 18k plated and steel World Timer....TX500.......beautiful design....AND 45mm DIAMETER....and bearing a very close resemblance to Maurice Lacroix.......!

195679-3312.jpg

195679-3313.jpg

TX500 World Time

I never thought I'd see a Timex I'd wear, but that watch is spectacular. I see them on EBay for $469 or best offer. That really is a nice looking piece, and I can sure see why they don't say "Timex" on the dial.

Bill

I agree with you Bill......I first saw them in one of my Geneva Watch magazines from 2006.....but couldn't find any info on the web.....till now...!

The photo in my magazine shows the case thickness to be around the 14-15mm mark......so at 45x14mm......quite impressive in size.....and as you say.....the steel and gold looks superb.....!

Here's the side view from the magazine.....!

195685-3311.jpg

Edited by TTK

How on earth did Timex get good? I would kill for one of these in Auto, though. That flyback looks almost tempting!

Maybe it's time to replace my one quartz watch (Hey, everybody needs the modern equivalent of a regulateur ...) with one of these.

Nice catch, Neil.

I have to say....when you look at what you get.....it's great value at $469.00....!

Sapphire glass

Water resistant

Dual time zone function with 24 city World indication

Daylight saving indicator

Date

Screw down crown

Guarantee

Well established 100+ year manufacturer.

Says it all.....really...!

ANOTHER NICE PIECE

195734-3298.jpg

Edited by TTK

It is indeed a very nice looking watch, I thought the PDV was the one and then up popped your black with gold bezel and right at the end out comes the whammy SS with black band.

Not for me then...........I will never be able to decide which one :wounded1:

Ken ;)

I agree with you Bill......I first saw them in one of my Geneva Watch magazines from 2006.....but couldn't find any info on the web.....till now...!

The photo in my magazine shows the case thickness to be around the 14-15mm mark......so at 45x14mm......quite impressive in size.....and as you say.....the steel and gold looks superb.....!

Here's the side view from the magazine.....!

195830-3203.jpg

Yep, and thanks to somebody from a previous "What do you say if . . ." thread, I'll know just what to say if asked what kind of watch that is.

"I dunno, I took it off a dead guy" is a wonderful shelf answer.

Bill