When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera Ss Band

mdub83

Just received my new Tag Heuer Carrera. :thumbsupsmileyanim: The watch looks great, runs great, feels great. My only complaint is that the band feels cheap. It looks good, but feels cheap (thin, light, and has a lot of play in it) and you have to press down hard to make sure the clasp shut all the way. Not a huge deal, I'm very satisfied overall. In fact, I like this watch so much that I would like to get an authentic stainless band. Any thoughts where?

On a side note, I was at the mall today and stopped in a jewelry store to have some links taken out as I didn't have the tools (not yet anyways) to do it myself. The guy complemented me on my watch, but I got the sense he might have thought it was a replica after only after taking it into his hands and feeling the band, but he didn't say anything. No, they didn't sell upscale watches at said store.

Pardon the poor photography skills.

post-4954-1170560924_thumb.jpg

Check here... not cheap: TH SS bracelet

Wow, no kidding, costs more than my watch!

I can't wait to get mine, just hope there won't be surprises :(

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Great looking watch. From pics of the gen on the Tag website, the only discernible difference is that the gen's dots and hour markers luminesce, while only the dots do on the rep. Can't tell about the date font, but looks close enough to me.

mdub did you compare genuine band with replica band?

Maybe genuine bracelet feels cheap as well....

Thanks

No, I haven't compared. Considering the price of the replacement strap, I think I will before purchasing. It was going to be a "down the road" purchase anyways.

Thanks for the feedback.

Go for the perforated leather strap. It complimentes the racing style of the watch and are not that expensive.. I have seen a guy selling genuine TH leather straps on TZ sales corner.. :)

I think the date font is a little bit off. TH uses the stock ETA datewheel with a bit more angular numbers than the Asian 7750.

Go for the perforated leather strap. It complimentes the racing style of the watch and are not that expensive.. I have seen a guy selling genuine TH leather straps on TZ sales corner.. :)

Leather sport band is near as expensive as SS genuine bracelet. Like in Rolex, surely rep and gen SS bracelets are quite similar in quality and feeling.

looking at the gen on the tag site and the rep shows that the numbered markers (sorry dont know the correct name) just inside of the bezel are wrong. The rep shows 60 to be at 12oclock whereas the gen doesn't, is this intentional?

mmmm, I don't follow. Is this the watch you're refering to: Link? Because they both show 60 on the bezel of the tachymetre at 12 o'clock.

I have the orginal OEM bracelet and there is very little difference (the links are slightly thicker). Indeed, I was quite surprised how well done the rep bracelet was (even the pin in the sleeve to remove links). Save your money, if you dislike the replica bracelet you will dislike the OEM

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

I have the orginal OEM bracelet and there is very little difference (th links are slightly thicker). Indeed, I was quite surprised how well done the rep bracelet was (even the pin in the sleeve to remove links). Save your money, if you dislike the replica bracelet you will dislike the OEM

TimeShare

Thanks for the info, I'll save my $$$ for a Planet Ocean!

Here are a varity of "Racing" leather straps. :)

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...29518&rid=0

Non-Brand, but quite cheap, about 25USD each.. I think I eventually will buy the Carrera Chrono, and have a perforated leather strap to add some choice. What are the lug width of the Carrera? 20mm?

Or you can get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/20mm-Racing-Black-Perf...1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess i'll get it.

Nah... I have that one, from Watchadoo. It smells kind of funny and feels rather cheap.

The big Seiko Chronograph on the bottom have that strap. The black Angelus Chronograph on the right also has a Watchadoo strap.

197065-2778.jpg

Hi,

why don't you dress it with an integral leather strap from Hirsch ?

It will exactly fit the edges of the watch, thanks to its special curved ends and give it a sexy aspect (same spirit as the Tag SLR)

I would take an alligator grain, that will cost you about 50 dollars.

197114-2767.jpg

197114-2768.jpg

*http://www.watchband.biz/pi1401303088.htm?categoryId=12

*http://www.watchband.biz/pd-2037749166.htm?defaultVariants=search0_EQ_Black_AND_search1_EQ_18%20mm_AND_search2_EQ_L-Long_AND_search3_EQ_Steel_AND_{EOL}&categoryId=12

*http://www.watchband.biz/leonardo1.htm

Edited by Pix