When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eureka! Pam 187 With 7753 Eta Movement Is Arrived

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

Looks like the seconds hand is wrong, what do you think?

Also I'm asking Angus if he can find also it. (Already asked Angus for a group buy with his strap and payment by paypal)

I hope also it have a good AR... and a decent lume

Also will the numbers be attached badly like the last version ar will they be attached in a better way in order not to make the numbers on the bezel fall?

probably it is the photo of the prototype...the sec hand is definitely wrong...the colour of the write 1000 is green?!!...definitely a prototype...but it is out...and the project is going on...sometimes is good to see the prototype to be sure that they didn't leave the project...

price? like the honpo version...but this time with the better mvt...

Guest RiverwindMDS

it really seems like the honpo version, I hope for a decent price.

In this pictures the 1000 word is in blue, I don't know where you see the word in green?

Looks like the seconds hand is wrong, what do you think?

Also I'm asking Angus if he can find also it. (Already asked Angus for a group buy with his strap and payment by paypal)

I hope also it have a good AR... and a decent lume

Also will the numbers be attached badly like the last version ar will they be attached in a better way in order not to make the numbers on the bezel fall?

Good news! Let's see what happens.

The page doesn't actually say ETA 7753, it could just be a new revision, but fingers crossed.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Good news! Let's see what happens.

The page doesn't actually say ETA 7753, it could just be a new revision, but fingers crossed.

If you look at the pic of the movement you'll see that is a 7753

On the 187, you would have to source a new dial as you can't use the 7750 version. On an old 196 you have to make sure that the movement works with the movement spacer. Some movements come with short chrono pushers and that relies on pusher extenders mounted in the case. Others come with longer pushers in which case you need the movement spacer with no extenders. Your chrono pushers have to be short as it is very difficult (read as impossible) to remove those spacers. I got lucky and was able to do it on my Pandas but others have not been so lucky. In short, anyone who is waiting for the 7753 187 will have to continue to wait.

Well, I am getting a little excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. It would be nice for us to finally get the watch we wanted months ago, but from the pictures it's still a little ways off. I hope they get it right the first time with these watches, especially if they are using real 7753 movements, don't want to waste any of those on "practice" versions. :)

Thanks for the information i think for the mean time im going to just use this movement in my old pam196 case,

beano

On the 187, you would have to source a new dial as you can't use the 7750 version. On an old 196 you have to make sure that the movement works with the movement spacer. Some movements come with short chrono pushers and that relies on pusher extenders mounted in the case. Others come with longer pushers in which case you need the movement spacer with no extenders. Your chrono pushers have to be short as it is very difficult (read as impossible) to remove those spacers. I got lucky and was able to do it on my Pandas but others have not been so lucky. In short, anyone who is waiting for the 7753 187 will have to continue to wait.