When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Have Send A Package To China?

bokkiebeh

My dealer asked me to send with DHL !!!!!!!!!!! It was the best for her!!!!!

As a rookie you should be getting some good advise from the dealer.

But I'm starting to think she wanted the watches to be taken by costums so she didn't have to repear the 4 watches.

why you not ask... who is this dealer? We should all know it...

My PO feels good on the wrist but stops frequently, the He valve is falling off and the crown will not screw in. Andrew told me to contact him after Chinese New year and he would send me a new one. So, we will see.

Sounds like a lot of bad POs from everbody complaining about them in the forum.

Usil

If at all possible I always prefer to have replacement parts over a new watch. My PO has a badly set pearl and wonkey hour marker. I can reset the pearl, and could probably the marker too, but Andrew has agreed to find me a new dial. Besides the fact that there is no way I could live for more than a month without this baby on my wrist, I just don't think the shipping expense/risk is worth it.

But I want to give her the chance first to solve this problem first.

So this will be continued.....

When Ruby first asked me to send back my Navitimer, she gave me an address to send it to. After four weeks, we decided it was lost, so just to make sure, I asked her to verify the address I sent it to. Lo and behold, it was the wrong address. She sent me an address that was half one of her drop-points and half another. She asked me to send it on when it got back to me. Now, how can I put this politely? There is no way on this planet I'm putting a return address on a replica watch sent from France to China. So, she sent me a replacement eventually, but I had to wait for a restock. She did offer me a more expensive (two-tone) replacement, but there was no way I was going to be two months out of pocket and get the wrong watch.

Needless to say, the replacement eventually arrived and the watch was as good as I'd hoped. I look back on it with merriment, but at the time, it was exceedingly frustrating.

There is something that I dont understand here.

If you have received defective watches on the first place and therefore you have send them back to the dealer for replacement , customs is not your issue. As long as you can provide a proove (sort of post office receipt) that you have send the watches , is the dealer that should worry about customs and not you.

.... of course if you have send the watches back simply because you didn't like them or you have changed your mind..... in this case, customs is your problem.

Dealers should pay more attendion when they send the watches out to the client.

Either they or their distributors should check carefully the watches before sending them (some dealers are playing a bit deaf on this).

A defective watch returned is a loose-loose situation for everybody.

I am personally fed up of getting (1 out of 3 or 4) defective watches and by no means I will assume custom risks when I send back a defective watch.

PS: very few dealers check their watches personally before they send them out.

Because of confused order, I sent a watch back to China. It got through no trouble, and the replacement arrived fine. These costs people are talking about are crazy. It did not cost me £4 to send the watch in a bubble-wrap envelope and it got thre fine. Same situation with my Planet Ocean, which was returned to Thailand because the crown stopped screwing down. Arrived with the dealer no trouble, and he has passed it onto his supplier for repair. Also, as he is Thai, he personally checked the watches before posting them. My fiance ordered me a 42mm Planet Ocean on SS, and I ordered myself the same watch on resin. The watch on the resin, had a faulty mechanism, and he reported that immediately rather than mailing it out, and offered a refund or allowed me to chose something else (I chose a Rolex Daytona as substitute) He's been 100% straight with me in all our dealings.

My watch not only had a defective movement but had gold coming off of the bracelet and blemishes and inconsistensies. It was just a decrepid piece of garbage to begin with. I sent pictures to my dealer, he said send it back...

What I cannot understand, and probably never will, is how somebody can have the nerve to put something clearly broken, both visually and mechanically, into an envelope alongside two other expensive watches for a repeat customer and find it ethical to send said package half way across the world. It's unnacceptable, and what's worse is that my dealer wants me to wait before he sends out a replacement. It's frustrating, condescending to myself as a regular buyer who constantly promotes his name on this and other message boards, and absolutely unfair.

Now I have lost not only my $228 watch, but shipping, as well...

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Does your dealer actually pack and ship the watches himself, or does he drop-ship them? The confusion over the watch I had to send back to China was because of drop-shipping, and is not the fault of the dealer. When I told him, he said I could either a) keep the watch and buy the correct one at a discounted rate, or I could do a straight swap. I asked to do a straight swap, but also asked if the discounted rate could be transfered to another watch as compensation for the mistake, and he did that with no trouble whatsoever. Sure, it cost me a bit extra, but I wound up with another watch at a discounted rate. The watches from this dealer are admittedly at the low-end of the rep-market, but, I cannot fault the dealer themselves over their integrity as a business man as they did everything in their power to rectify the mistake caused by their 'staff'.