When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does Your Bce Bracelet Have This Problem/symptom?

woody

Hello watchmates,

Upon receiving my BCE today, I notice my date window is a bit misaligned slightly. Wanted to know if this is common among others' BCEs. Also, on my bracelet, the bottom part bracelet (the one end at 6 o'clock) seemed to be able to bent more at an angle, thus creating a gap deviate from the watch itself, whereas the other side of the bracelet doesn't do this, of which also sits higher to the watch, versus the one with the gap symptom. I wanted to know if it is common also with the other BCEs as well. Mine is the grey swiss version. Hope my question was clear enough, that perhaps I can get some feedback. Thanks in advance guys.....

I'm not sure what you mean by misaligned. The date in mine sits a tad high rather than vertically centered, but I'll need to see what happens after the midnight date change in order to verify whether this is a permanent condition. Even if it is, the top of the 6 is still well within the confines of the date window. The date is perfectly centered on the horizontal axis.

As for the bracelet, I took it off to wear the leather band from the get go, so I can't say whether it suffers from the problem you describe. My bracelet is still wrapped in plastic. If I have time I'll size it and try it out this weekend.

Good luck, Woody. I have the same watch, and it's a real beauty. Enjoy.

Try putting the watch on the wrong way. I bet the 12 o'clock side will do the same thing that you describe with the 6 o'clock side. That is the way the bracelet is made. As far as the date goes, put it in the set position and run it through the 31 day cycle. It may center itself.

Marty

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback. I have enclosed a picture to what I was talking about, as you can see in the watchbox of what may be the gap issue that I was referring to. And for Marty and your suggestion, I had ran through the 31 day cycle. And yes, my date in the window looks slightly higher. I am just curious to know whether or not this is defect that I receive. I love the watch, but when you paid the swiss money, you tend to nickpick a bit more like I do. Take a look at the picture and tell me what you guys think........the date would look align just fine when you do it through the crown, but when it is doing itself automatically, there seems to be the problem.

197319-2664.jpg

PS. Please excuse my photo taking skills and the bad fingerprints on the watch......

Edited by Woody

u probably can put thicker pins in and it will snug the bracelet up or bend the one u have but thicker will be the better cure , that is the problem with all reps they have those cheap easy to bend pins in them , as for your date issue , i have the asian and the swiss and mine r ok , not perfect but usually gen. breitling isnt either, i own the shark with 7750 in gen. and the numbers sit low in the window as well, , i never messed with it cause it is gen. u may could move the dial a bit to make it better , but if it some r off line and some r ok then it is the print on the datewheel itself , the only fix then is change datewheels , but i assume my swiss model has the genuine eta date font and they r not as good aligned as the asian one, so go figure, they r not bad enough to bother me personally , just because genuine does the same thing , lol but if u can see the other number then i couldnt live with that , also u said it is ok when u change date with crown then i would say your datewheel is getting hung up when working on its on

hope this helps

joe

Any watch shop sells springbars. Best thing to do is to remove the strap or bracelet, and take it and an old springbar to the shop. Try to find one that fits snugly with no lateral movement. Rep springbars are usually crap anyway, so its always a good idea to replace them.

I was referring to the gap, but my date is also slightly misaligned. You can fix the gap in the bracelet not by putting in new/ thicker spring bars, I tried.

It's very easy just use some scotch tape. Tape a couple of pieces together, so it's a little bit thicker and cut out the size of the endlink. Then stick it on the endlink (where it contacts the case). Experiment a little to find the best position to stick the tape...more up or more down.

It worked for me!

Greetzzz

Edited by Rolexman

hi guys,

thanks for everyone who replied. i had got in contact with Rob, and I will send off my BCE for that fix, along with the datewheel issue, which Rob think he may be able to fix, and get some superlume love on the dial. I hope that will work out for me. Have a good weekend everyone!