When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513, wekend project

pitimany

wow... we were just talking about the 5513 on another thread last night. awesome!!

you've got to tell us everything! what's the base watch, and where'd you get it? what mods / parts? did you do the relume? etc... etc... inquiring minds want to know... everything! ;)

the 5513 is a legend, and a screaming void in the replica world!

jsph

Thanks,

A better pic

18510-2771.jpg

:cheers:

Case asian 5512 from andrew, crystal tropic 39 from ebay, mods done by me following pic from the book.

Relume was only a little C1, original vintage dial was very yellow and lume make it less.

the bezel was from a 5517, and the insert from ebay.

the genuine springbars came from my genuine dealer, a gift. they were from a watch yhe store worked on last week.

oH, forgot, mov eta slow non quick set date or something from a titoni old watch, hour and min hands strait from original watch, seconds moded to fit.

Thanks again for the comments

P :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's pretty cool to think that you can take Rolex parts and put them on the TWG 5512/5513. And of course, tone down the yellow lume! You can end up w/ a great watch for not much money! I'm off to the bay to find a Tropic 39 and an insert!

pitimany: this is some serious achievement. i'd looked at andrew's 5512/5513 as something fun to get to tide me over my 5513-lust, but never thought one could be suped up like this. sounds like the only thing left on what you bought was the dial (re-lumed), hands, and case.

not sure if i read -- did you drill out the lug holes further, or did they come right?

and when you say the bezel came from a 5517, you mean one of joshua/eddie/etc's?

very wild stuff. excellent job, and very creative, i have to say. super jealous.

are you going to relume the hands to match? couldn't quite see in the last photo if you had.

take care.

jsph

@ jsph

Yes I drilled out lug holes, also the edge was to sharp, i moded to be smooth.

“bezel came from a 5517" from abay, the metal bezel has the right shape an side profile.

relume hands is way too difficult for me, I may try as I practice more. Dials are much easier.

BTW: originally in andrew's 5512 no original parts fit. it needed hard work to get the right base for the crystal.

@Nanuq

"how much to build another??", this is only a project, if I decide to let watch go i will let you know first. I like your stile and your appreciation for vintages. :D

Thanks again