When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Win A 500+ Horsepower "cobra"

rdorman

Thought some of our watch buddies would be interested in this!

My club raffles off a car every year to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. This years car is now finished! You can get more details at www.londoncobrashow.com. Please be aware that our site is new and not much content is there yet but will be over the next couple of weeks.

198197-2338.jpg

198197-2339.jpg

198197-2340.jpg

198197-2341.jpg

198197-2342.jpg

Just FYI. If you want us non-Americans to enter (and you have a country drop-down, so I assume you do), you need to tell your webmasters that US STATE cannot be a compulsory option and neither can PHONE in US FORMAT.

Either remove the country option and state it's for CONUS only or make the site work for us furriners.

Having worked in the web for about a decade now, the one lesson I hope everyone can learn is to remove as many barriers between the user and their target. Less truly is more. I thought that I could have lied on teh form and put a US state and bogus number in but wondered what would happen if I won then, so I decided to find out. Couldn't see anything obvious and decided to give up and return to my usual web duties. You lost a sale right there, I'm afraid.

Simplify the address form and you will sell more tickets: It really is that simple.

HP is at the crank with all the accesories in place. The car only weighs a little over 2300 lbs and we did not want to put a monster motor in it. At 512 horsepower and 2300 pounds... the thing is scary fast. In mine I only have a little over 400hp and I have seen my passengers turn white as a ghost. No one is ever able to speak when I first get on it!

Here is some details from the engine builder, Southern Automotive:

"All who know Bill would expect a “big block” that would represent the power, performance & sound of the original cobra. Therefore, we decided to go with our Super FE 452 CI engine which consist of a 390 block, 4.250” stroke crankshaft, CNC ported Edelbrock aluminum heads and a CNC port matched Edelbrock Victor FE aluminum intake manifold which produced a healthy 512 hp @5700 rpms and 518 ft lbs of torque at 4400 rpms. To harness all of this power, we installed a McLeod aluminum flywheel, clutch and pressure plate mated to a Tremec 600 5 speed transmission. Finally, to put it over the top and go for 1st place in any show, we added our fully custom polished and dress up options with all polished surfaces hand treated with Zoop Seal for maximum protection."

That is one SWEET car! One of my favorites (I've got a Factory Five Racing DVD floating around my house...if only I had the time...and the money....and the garage space....).

I've got a new car on order...it's supposed to be coming in next week. Maybe I'll just cancel it, and buy $40k worth of raffle tickets :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On a side note, I was watching a classic and custom car auction on ESPN2 last week. They auctioned the racing Cobra with the most wins. If I remember correctly, it brought in $1,125,000!

That would make a sweet track car :D Bought a ticket.

Great because we have a two day driving shool for Cobras at Mid-Ohio just before the London Cobra Show each year at Mid-Ohio sports car course! This car is street legal in the US!

Nice, cos I want to win, and I can't win if I can't buy tickets. :D

I hope you do my friend in watches!

So I can enter from the land of Oz :unsure:

If so will your club be willing to convert it to LHD :unsure:

Because I want it badly :Jumpy:

Ken

Any one can win it from any country.

BUT, for everyone outside the CONUS, take notice, getting to your country and getting it to comply with the laws of your country is on your nickle! The is street legal in the US and will be delivered in the US. Any expense, etc outside the CONUS is up to you! We are not even going to title the car, it will be trailered from show to show selling tickets and aside from testing miles, you will be the first!

Seems to me the company that makes these, Unique, has done some LHD cars and done some conversion for the laws of various coutries such as the SVA in England. You could also contact them and find out. If you win it and want them to do the work, we could ship it back to them and you and Unique can take it from there.

Edited by rdorman

That is one SWEET car! One of my favorites (I've got a Factory Five Racing DVD floating around my house...if only I had the time...and the money....and the garage space....).

I've got a new car on order...it's supposed to be coming in next week. Maybe I'll just cancel it, and buy $40k worth of raffle tickets :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On a side note, I was watching a classic and custom car auction on ESPN2 last week. They auctioned the racing Cobra with the most wins. If I remember correctly, it brought in $1,125,000!

Get it done in time for the London Cobra Show in central Ohio. The most fun you can have with your clothes on! FFR will be there this year once again. We have raffled off two of their cars as I recall, a roadster and a coupe.

This car is valued at $65,000.00

I know the car you are talking about. Old number 15 run by Miles, Gurney, etc. Shelbies old twin turbo beast just set a new record for Corbas going at Barrett Jackson for 5.5 million.

• 2 weeks later...

Three of our club members went down to Alabama to bring the raffle car back to its temporary home here in Ohio. All three of these guys own Superformance cars, one of the best made. But, I think their next car may be from Unique. One of them commented on the raffle car: "It has to be one of the finest replicas I’ve ever seen. One needs sunglasses to look at the engine." High praise indeed. I will get some some more pictures out when I can but with a foot of snow on the ground right now... it may be a while!

• 2 months later...

A common question I get... 'what are the odds'. Well, the tickets for this street legal race car are unlimited this year, you buy them at www.londoncobrashow.com and pay with paypal and the system will automatically generate your very own unique number raffle tickets that you can print off it you like. Of course you don't need them because just before the drawing we print off an entirely new set (so obviously you need not be present to win). With unlimited ticket sales I can not say what the odds are but I can tell you what our goals are and where we stand. Our goal is to write Cystic Fibrosis a check for $100,000.00 this year. Most of the car was donated but not all. So in order to make that goal, we need to sell about 6000 tickets. As of a couple of weeks ago, we have sold just north of 3000 tickets with seven weeks to go. So, your odds are pretty darn good! This car is being raffled by the Ohio Cobra Club Inc, a 501©3 corporation.

just wondering, whats the gas milage you get with that enginge? :)

:thumbsupsmileyanim: That is funny! It does have an overdrive but I guess the results depend more on the driver then anything. The car is very light so does not take much power to get it down the road. I have heard folks say they get from 7 to over 25 MPG on the highway. I only checked mine one time (no overdrive) and it was getting just north of 15... keeping the foot out of it of course! Obviously... this is not a commuter type car!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: That is funny! It does have an overdrive but I guess the results depend more on the driver then anything. The car is very light so does not take much power to get it down the road. I have heard folks say they get from 7 to over 25 MPG on the highway. I only checked mine one time (no overdrive) and it was getting just north of 15... keeping the foot out of it of course! Obviously... this is not a commuter type car!

Well, at almost about 6$ per gallon (over here), I better ask before I buy a raffle ticket :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if my calculations are correct, it'll take 55 liters per 100miles - or 77$ worth of gas per 100miles or 1 replica watch per 390 miles (I do not drive gas efficient at all - so I have been told). I think I'll give it a try anyways though :D love that car!

Well, at almost about 6$ per gallon (over here), I better ask before I buy a raffle ticket :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if my calculations are correct, it'll take 55 liters per 100miles - or 77$ worth of gas per 100miles or 1 replica watch per 390 miles (I do not drive gas efficient at all - so I have been told). I think I'll give it a try anyways though :D love that car!

I hear ya buddie! I have a number of aquantences that live in Europe that are Cobra owners. I was talking to a friend in the UK about $7 a gallon and I whined about paying $3.17 a gallon yesterday here in the states. He, politely, told me to stuff it. LOL. Look at it this way, if you don't want the car, you could sell it and buy all the watchs you want :D That $77 for 100 miles will be probably the most memorable 100 miles and $77 ever spent! I can of course pull the motor and put in a four cylinder, of course keeping the motor in it, at no additional charge ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool...........

:wub:

If you win... lets arrange for a heater, heated seats and a soft top (maybe even a hard top) to be fitted before we ship! I drove my across the high desert in sub freezing weather with 60 knot winds and was just fine!

Good luck :)

• 1 month later...

They should have according to the website.

Tickets are sold at $20.00 a piece. Need not be present to win. Drawing will be held in Columbus Ohio on June 23, 2007 . Ticket sale online will be closed midnight June 18, 2007 .

Who knows....maybe they're shipping it over to one of you guys as a surprise ;)