When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question For Those Who Have, Or Are Thinking Of, Selling Their Ingy

Nebakanezzar

Hey All,

So I keep pondering the thought of selling my Ingy, but....

Everytime I look at it I am amazed at the fit and finish of this thing! this watch is by far the most visualy accurate, mechanicaly accurate (this thing runs dead on!) rep I have. It is also, by far, the most comfortable watch I have, And I really like the looks/style of it....but I am not sure it "suits" me, it dosent seem to look/"wear" as well on my wrist as my other reps...but I always seem to be wearing it, sometimes I think I am wearing it just trying to convince myself to keep it...

So I have scene several Ingys being sold recently, considering how nice this rep is, I a suprised at that...and I am wondering what caused you guys to sell you Ingys?

thanx.

If you have any doubts as regards the Ingy... at least try it out with the nylon strap before selling it. For me the addition of the nylon strap made a big differance. I love this watch so much more on a strap than on the SS. Give it a try.

problem with that is I have a big ass wrist, so I would have to have somthing custome made.

Too good to let go.

I am kinda thinking that is the bottom line...

Many people get caught up in the euphoria surrounding a significant new model, particularly one that is the subject of a group purchase. Then they decide it doesn't meet all of their expectations.

In my case I wasn't that keen on the Ingy, but decided to join RT's group buy because I was intrigued and I felt that I could always sell it again for minimal loss if I didn't like it.

In my case it turns out that I do like it a lot -- it's clean industrial lines, smooth integration with a fantastic bracelet, and extremely solid feel are some of the primary reasons. Ironically, part of me really likes the weight of the watch, and at other times I think it's a bit too heavy.

Will it wear well with me over time? It's too early to tell. For now I am still loving this watch, even as it has been joined in my collection by a few flashier models.

I'm sorry for butting into a thread where I am not the direct target of your question. But I really don't think it is that unusual for an exciting new model ot suddenly show up a few months later on the resale forum. Do what is right for you. Don't bother yourself with what other people are doing.

P.S. As a side note, I don't think all that many Ingy's have been posted for resale. The leader in that department, in my opinion, was the IWC Jones. A beautiful watch, and I even bought one (a resale from another member) but quickly resold it to yet another member who gave it to his fiance. Even though there were many things to admire about the Jones, it truly didn't deel right to me from the start.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

i got a perfect one from josh and ended up selling it.

i do kind of look for it in my watch box occasionally but don't really miss it.

i had the same problem with it i had with my latest best vc overseas. both were just too far to the dress end of the sports/dress spectrum for me ;)

i'm a diver/tool watch guy. every time i've tried a dressier watch, gen or rep i've sold it. i've had a few stunning and rare high beat movement king seiko's and sealions and a couple dress/sport vintage seamasters and they just sit while divers and g-shocks and pams get worn. the only dressy watch i've ever managed to keep is the white dial 2892 fm conquistador. probably because it's kind of funky/silly and hard to take seriously :D

i'm anxiously awaiting word on the chopard mille miglia from josh (he says early march and from the hublot bb and steelfish factory) and hoping it will be the dress/sport watch i am looking for.

the ingy was an amazing rep. if you like dress/sport watches go for it. you will love it!

The lack of AR on the crystal prevents a lot of the intricate dial texture from coming through on this watch, which is needed to balance its more industrial look. Luckily I've sent off my crystal for the double sided AR treatment, so I should be able to go from "liking" to loving it very soon. Also have a nylon strap on order from Josh that I'll have to try out as well, after I get everything reassembled.

i got a perfect one and ended up selling it.

i do kind of look for it in my watch box occasionally but don't really miss it.

<snip> ust too far to the dress end of the sports/dress spectrum for me ;)

i'm a diver/tool watch guy. every time i've tried a dressier watch, gen or rep i've sold it.

the ingy was an amazing rep. if you like dress/sport watches go for it. you will love it!

I'm in the same boat as you... Probably one of the best reps out there right out of the box, but it wasn't 'tooly' enough for me. Sometimes I miss it, and probably wouldn't have sold it if there was a nylon strap when I got it... Come to think of it, I just might get another with nylon... or the AP ROO... or... :rolleyes:

I bought it because I thought it was beautiful. I too never wear it. I am not selling it though. The same is true for a number of IWC's. I own both GST's, Laureus and FA (I agree on the Laureus and FA). In truth I keep the reps I think are better for three reasons. First, I like owning "classic reps" only because I have noticed that over time they come and go. The second reason is that I am usually too lazy to sell them. And the third reason is that I have a feeling that as I get older I will start wearing them. Although Panerai and the other large watches are what get most of the wrist time currently I suspect that the classic watches will grow on me over the long term. And here is the darndest, I will continue to mod the Inge and GST's to make them better and better. On the Inge, I have relumed it but over the next year I hope to ar coat the crystal and put in a better datewheel. Then it gets put to bed awaiting my style change. :lol: The FA and the Laureus I am leaving alone though. ;)

I'm wearing my Ingy today but am thinking of selling it. I love the watch a lot but the date font bothers me even more.

I'm waiting for the fix from Lello, but I'm not sure if the project will come true. Might be better to sell earlier than later and get more value for the watch?

I bought an IWC Ingy Chrono two days ago and I love it to death (and not cos it's new). It's simply one of the best reps I've seen and it feels really solid on the wrist. The only letdowns - it wasn't exactly cheap and there was no AR coating. But other than that, it's one that I will wear on days I cannot decide which reps I want wear cos I think the Ingy Chrono really goes with anything. ;)

I also own a FA Jones (gold case version) but like many members here have remarked, it's a really nice rep to look at but I've only worn it twice cos it's just too dressy. Hmmm, should have thought of that before buying huh? <_<