When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian Or Swiss On Omega Po 45mm

Marco0355

I'm ready to order the Ultimate Omega PO 45mm, but I need your help in regards to the movement. They tell me that the cases and bracelets are identical on both watches, but as far as the movement, are they close? I was going to purchase the Swiss movement but then I saw that the asian is half the price!!! How good is the asian movement? Will anyone notice? I'd really like some feedback from experienced owners.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

I was interested in knowing this as well...

I'm ready to order the Ultimate Omega PO 45mm, but I need your help in regards to the movement. They tell me that the cases and bracelets are identical on both watches, but as far as the movement, are they close? I was going to purchase the Swiss movement but then I saw that the asian is half the price!!! How good is the asian movement? Will anyone notice? I'd really like some feedback from experienced owners.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

There was a discussion about this yesterday.. Someone had bought the cheaper version and commented that the pearl on that one was really bad, and not as on the pictures.. I can't find the discussion at the moment.

I have the Swiss version, from Trusty, ad must say that it is an excellent rep! :) Well worth the money! This will be my regular beater for some time, and I am glad that I choose the better moment. It will also give bigger resale value, in case I ever sell it. I bought it just before the Chinese version hit the market.

One thing I really like about this watch is that the crown feels rock solid when it is unscrewed and pulled out. My one-year old Omega SMP, with ETA, is a very nice watch, but the crown feels a bit wobbly when it is unscrewed. The ultimate PO feels like a genuine quality piece in all aspects. Just some rough edges on the bracelet and a slightly offset pearl puts it down. Also, I think that the date window is a little bit too small.

However, I am pretty sure that the newer Chinese movements are good pieces and capable of performing well in many years. I would feel safe with that as well... It is up to you.

I took the asian in black w/ orange numbers. I have the swiss w/ orange bezel. Personally I have no issues with the asian version. Fit and finish exactly the same, just the movement difference. My pearl is fine...I think that might have been an isolated iissue and not something plauging this version.

You can tell it's not swiss just by winding the watch..non-swiss movements just have a different feel to them. But I think the asian movement in this watch is better than the 21 jewel movements they were putting in the rolex subs, those gave me nothing but problems.

After speaking with Andrew(Trusty) I went ahead and ordered the Asian movement. My watch should be here shortly and I'll post pics. Now, after reading posts, I'm a little more concerned with how the crown, bezel and logo will be.

I have the swiss, and I love it. Run's great, smooth, couldn't ask for more, but for the price, I dont see how you can go wrong with the asian. Dependable movement, same case, etc. Let us know..

After speaking with Andrew(Trusty) I went ahead and ordered the Asian movement. My watch should be here shortly and I'll post pics. Now, after reading posts, I'm a little more concerned with how the crown, bezel and logo will be.

Swiss or Asian, doesn't effect the crown or dial. All are made with the same pieces.