When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Praying To The Customs Gods

J-Auz

I just purchased Bodo's modded MBW vintage Submariner. The only problem being he is in Europe and the watch will have to clear customs. Unfortunatley I had to assume the risk and if it is captured, my loss. Has anyone ever had problems with something getting captured from Europe and been at a loss on the trade? What should he declare it as and what value should he declare? Thanks in advance for the noob question.

don't be surprised if you never receive that watch...customs is watching us :black_eye:

If I were a customs agent I would have a field day reading posts like this...stop giving them details :thumbdown:

argh!!!!!

you are making me nervous. if a customs agent reads these threads they will get hooked too. then we would have someone on the inside. how nice would that be!!!!

argh!!!!!

you are making me nervous. if a customs agent reads these threads they will get hooked too. then we would have someone on the inside. how nice would that be!!!!

I was semi serious with my reply - I think it is not very wise to offer details as to where a watch is shipped from or where it is going to, in a public forum...remember we are talking illegal goods here

I think it is not very wise to offer details as to where a watch is shipped from or where it is going to, in a public forum...remember we are talking illegal goods here

Please stop saying the "I" word. I just got done reading about why I shouldn't be concerned about buying/having a rep. I don't like the "I" word. Thank you kindly good sir.

if customs and or the department of homeland security are overly concerned about replica watches, then something is wrong. maybe they should be reading al-queda message boards instead of RWG. Seriously, IMO, if you think customs people are reading this board, you have big time delusions of grandeur. no offense, but i would imagine drugs probably consume most of customs time and terrorists consume most of home land security time.

Do not say something like: "Dealer X sends all his packages from XXXX address in a yellow and purple box with "super HQ device" tape all over it and declares it as "Broken radio $10".

That would be bad.

But to say "someone is sending me a rep from Europe" is pretty harmless if you ask me... I doubt a memo will go out to all international ports for extra vigilant checks of all packages from Europe in hopes of catching this watch...

Edited by Devedander

Do not say something like: "Dealer X sends all his packages from XXXX address in a yellow and purple box with "super HQ device" tape all over it and declares it as "Broken radio $10".

That would be bad.

But to say "someone is sending me a rep from Europe" is pretty harmless if you ask me... I doubt a memo will go out to all international ports for extra vigilant checks of all packages from Europe in hopes of catching this watch...

Why make a post like this if you dont even know if customs has seized it yet? wait and see - if its already ordered and shipped then there is little you can do.