When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did someone say... Silver datewheels?!?!

is that the extra MBW dial you got there? that wheel looks pretty under there!!!

does that movement set the date the correct direction?

Yessir- That's my old MBW dial. I repaired the scratch on it (BTW, how does it look?), and have placed it over the movement and datewheel to get an idea of how it might all look.

The datewheel for the movement turns CCW- The same direction as the datewheel for a r-l-x caliber 1570/1575.

Randy, your cruelty knows no bounds :lol:

I am speechless with drool....

Well, I still have quite a ways to go with this little project. Both movements need an overhaul at the very least (I bought them for $8.00 US per piece), and I need to figure out how some things are going to work out. Still... It's been quite the ordeal finding parts, and bits to get everything in order. Hopefully, with the help of a very knowledgeable and experienced member (and movement master), I'll see my project come to fruition. Got my fingers crossed :)

Hey Ubi!

How did you repair the scratches... i got a dial with the same scratches on it... Is that a common issue with MBW's? i have had two that have come to me with small scratches on the dial... i dont really care... just adds to vintage look... but i would like to fix one of them...

Davey, PP,

To repair the scratches, I use a clear varnish that's matte in finish. It fills in the scratch, and leaves 0 evidence that a scratch was even present.

I just did a repair on this dial as well last week, as I accidentally put a small scrape on the surface (see it next to the 2:00 marker?).

20981-2300.jpg

I still have to take an 'after' pic to show the results.