When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Is The Best Pam Rep?

justaguy88

This is not another "who has the best sub" type threads. Not exactly, at least. I'm just hoping that we can consolodate the pros and cons of various pam reps in terms of visual accuracy so as to evaluate how they really stack up against eachother....and against the real thing for that matter. So, all things considered -- lume, canon pin, dial font, movement finish, overall watch finish and quality, ect. -- taking it all into account what is the best of the best?

the best PAM is the watch, wich you will like mostly

not what others like.

My favorite is PAM 092 Arktos... others like 127 or 111... somebody like vintage models etc.

it exist from all watches good versions... for money is all available.

closed versions to genuine exist from 127, 111 etc.

but with modifications you can make all reps closer to genuine...

it is not important how close is the watch or how quality... you must like it.

example: i have a 127 best available worth $500 and a PAM 090 asian worth $180.

I love the PAM 090 much more as 127. I can´t wear the 127... it is to big and not my style. First time i love my 127, but after all it is not a watch for every day.

Edited by tourbillon1801

I think the Panerai could eventually become the new 'who has the best sub' question.

They are getting a big following now!

If you want quality rather than a 1:1 replica, have a look at Davidsens products. He offers the superlume, canon pin fixed, AR. They aren't a 1:1 case so modifying is a bit more limited because in general Davidsen parts only fit Davidsen watches. I have one of his watches and it is very very good!

the best PAM is the watch, wich you will like mostly

But the one I will most like is the one that is most visually accurate. :black_eye:

I've been on these forums longer than my post count would indicate. I'm not looking for others to do research for me, just thought it might be helpful for myself and others to have a thread with a general overview of pam rep accuracy.

But the one I will most like is the one that is most visually accurate. :black_eye:

I've been on these forums longer than my post count would indicate. I'm not looking for others to do research for me, just thought it might be helpful for myself and others to have a thread with a general overview of pam rep accuracy.

You cannot.. There are approx 100 Pam models other more and others less accurate.

It is impossible to gather all the informations for the vague question you ask. As simple as that.

But of course if you can you can gather everything that has been said for every Panerai model (plus the updated versions for each model) and you will gain the respect from all of us :victory:

There may be hundreds of different rep models, but it was my understanding that the most accurate were the 036, 111, 177, and fiddy, with slight variations between the dealers. Does that narrow down the question at all? Anyways, this thread seems to be floundering. I apologize for asking too general a question.

You cannot.. There are approx 100 Pam models other more and others less accurate.

It is impossible to gather all the informations for the vague question you ask. As simple as that.

But of course if you can you can gather everything that has been said for every Panerai model (plus the updated versions for each model) and you will gain the respect from all of us :victory:

There may be hundreds of different rep models, but it was my understanding that the most accurate were the 036, 111, 177, and fiddy, with slight variations between the dealers. Does that narrow down the question at all? Anyways, this thread seems to be floundering. I apologize for asking too general a question.

The models you said are not the most accurate but the most popular.. The 111 and 177 have so many flaws i will be tired to mention them.

There are others more accurate.. Like the 001,049,050 the 243 and 5 minutes ago for example the Arktos trusty and the others have posted.

The replica world is constantly changing and a thread like this it just do not make sense.

Basically I share simmilar sentiments of V's...

001 and 002 (old version) are very, very close to 1:1, some 127s and 217s are closer to 'perfect' than others, 29/63 are also close, as well as the second generation 239 and 243 subs. The latest Arktos looks very nice, but without having handled one or heard some more from actual owners I'm not willing to make any definitive statements.

49/50 autos are not bad, but very innacurate in second subdial markers area.

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

I think all of our dealers have great reps. Most people can't even split a rep from a genuine. I thinks it's more the whrist who's wearing it.

Juriaan,

thank you for your insightful comment...it makes such a great contribution to the current discussion. :rolleyes:

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

Juriaan,

thank you for your insightful comment...it makes such a great contribution to the current discussion. :rolleyes:

cheers,

babola

All I wanted to say is that each rep have his flaws, the one more than the other. There isn't a best rep, and if there was one it will probably ba modded one. But If you have a problem with my post, please sent me a PM, cause the post i'm quoting doesn't add much of a value to this thread to.

Juriaan

All I wanted to say is that each rep have his flaws, the one more than the other. There isn't a best rep, and if there was one it will probably ba modded one. But If you have a problem with my post, please sent me a PM, cause the post i'm quoting doesn't add much of a value to this thread to.

What was the rather unpopular but dead-on-balls accurate Panerai mentioned in the last "Most accurate" thread we had? I'd suggest that would be the 'best pam rep', in spite of the fact it's not that popular.

This is not another "who has the best sub" type threads. Not exactly, at least.

Sure it is. :D