When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've Converted Date Movement To Non-date

stilty

A while back I asked a question about converting a 2824-2 movement to a non-date, two position movement for a franken EX-1, as well as for rep 5517 that my brother has. We all know the 2824-2 is a three position stem:

Position 1 - winding

Position 2 - set date

Position 3 - set time

But for those of us, myself included, that strive for the ultimite rep or franken, we only need a two position movement for our non-date models.

First off, thank you The Zigmeister for pointing me in the right direction for the part required to do this.

I decided to make my own part with some spares from an old movement and I have had success!

Below is the part responsible for stem position. I believe it is called the set bridge. If you look at the bridge on the right, where the arrow is pointing, those notches are for setting the position of the stem. What I did was carefully smooth it out so there are only two positions that the stem can set. I eleminated the notch that is postion 2, so now the stem goes directly to position 3 when pulled out. Modified bridge on the left.

202627-1330.jpg

Here is a pic of the stem in postion one:

202627-1331.jpg

Here is pic of the stem in position three, or now the new positon two:

202627-1332.jpg

I also stripped the movement of all date gears and functions so it is a very basic movement.

202627-1333.jpg

I also have a non-date ZENO that is a three positon stem as well, even though there is no date. I think I will modify that watch as well.

Edited by stilty

• 1 year later...
Thanks! It was quite a simple fix really, once I figured out how it all worked.

Considering this is a forum for fake watches enthusiasts, not horologists, the level of skill, patience and ingenuity among the members never ceases to amaze me. Well done. This hobby must be so much more enjoyable for you guys who possess skills like these. Very inspiring.

MG