When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul

mickyblues

its a nice product but...

once again.... for a newbie stick to ss!

get a TT in 6-12 months when you have the time and desire to mod it, and dump $$$ into a project watch

Why would you say that? If you like gold buy the gold. There is not much you can do to mod a TT or gold watch aside from buying super expensive solid gold or genuine parts that may or may not fit. The best advice to give a noob is to just buy what you like. Remember it is only a replica and not designed to be an heirloom to pass down to the grandkids. It will not be perfect in SS or TT. I have never modded a single watch and have owned over 200 over the years. It doesn't make much sense to me to drop that kind of dough on a replica unless you can do the work yourself and have something part genuine. It is also terrible to advise someone to dump tons of money into something wil no resale value. Wear it enjoy it, and buy another. It's only a couple hundred bucks, not a couple thousand.

Why would you say that? If you like gold buy the gold. There is not much you can do to mod a TT or gold watch aside from buying super expensive solid gold or genuine parts that may or may not fit. The best advice to give a noob is to just buy what you like. Remember it is only a replica and not designed to be an heirloom to pass down to the grandkids. It will not be perfect in SS or TT. I have never modded a single watch and have owned over 200 over the years. It doesn't make much sense to me to drop that kind of dough on a replica unless you can do the work yourself and have something part genuine. It is also terrible to advise someone to dump tons of money into something wil no resale value. Wear it enjoy it, and buy another. It's only a couple hundred bucks, not a couple thousand.

WEll said! I am not looking to put a dime more into a replica, so want to make sure I am getting what I like from the beginning. The reason I asked if it was really 18k triple wrapped, is because there is a color difference between 14k & 18K . I heard WoMart these days is back on track as far as quality goes, just wanted to see if anyone had first hand knowledge of this.

I bought one of wo-mart's "tripple wrapped" TT subs about 2 years ago, and am very satisfied with it.

Honestly, I have no idea if it is single, double or tripple, but it is true the color looks exactly as my real 18k gold pieces, and I didn't find any loose of gold on it.

The same with another TT sub I bought River about 7 years ago. It still looks perfect in any of its gold parts.

Also i would add to this great advice....buy these gold watches for special occasions only to make them last and look good. In otherwards wear them sparingly and with a purpose in mind because over time they sort of lose their luster. So if you buy a tt gold....wear it ...not so often..i have 3 tt watches i have had for 3 years and because i dont wear them much they still look good ....as gold

I have a question about his TT Sub, he says it's Triple wrapped 18k, is this so? Joshua and others offer it I believe in 14k plated. Has anyone bought one of these from him? Also what about his "So called Perfect Subs", anyone purchase these?

Hi Micky,

I bought that So Called Perfect Sub.

Pls feel free to look at my topic:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry202816

Cheers

Stephane