When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finepics Lume work and self brushed CG

baltic

Thought I'd show the fantastic work Finepics made of re-luming my 005 which he did at the same time as replacing the short pin = no recess :thumbsupsmileyanim:

18736-2737.jpg

His work is spot on and he did the same for my 183

I decided to brush the CG myself as its an obvious flaw. What do you think. Apologies for the amateur photies...

18736-2738.jpg

18736-2739.jpg

18736-2740.jpg

Amazing relume from finepics!

I can't wait to have my 028 dial back after his relume (it already is on its way to me... come to me, baby, come to me...) :Jumpy:

And great work on your brushed CG too... If I only could find my screen magnifier, I would be more specific. :D

Looks awesome! How did you do the crown guard brushing?

@TomB Well it was actually really straightforward and took about 15 mins in total. I firstly unscrewed the CG and removed it from the watch I blu-tacked it to the table to hold it in place and now for the technical bit...

A washing up pan scourer!!! Aye that's right the yellow & green foam thing you get from the supermarket to wash up with. Use the coarse side (green) and pushing down hard make enough strokes in the same direction until you begin to see the satin effect, then just keep going in the same direction (i.e. not back and forth) then use the softer side(yellow) to finish off et voila!

Cost = about 15p for a scourer and about 15 mins in total :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who's going to the shops to get a pan scourer tomorrow?

I went hunting around in the cupboards under the sink. Mrs. kasigi had a cardiac arrest thinking I was going to do some washing up! I found one of her scouring pads and she told me to be careful with it because "it's one of the new ones which doesn't scratch".

DOH!