When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

World Time Watch

tag

I'm looking for a nice world time watch.

Here is the status of my search so far - as you can see, I found nothing really convincing under $300 on the market...

Can anybody give me a tip for my search or his feedback on a world time he bought?

Thanks a lot for your help :rolleyes:

Many gorgeous gens are made by other brands: Vulcain, Patek, GP to name a few. But only one has been repped as far has I know: Vulcain; and it is not available anymore.

I'd love to find something like the Vulcain cricket. Josh & Trusty used to have it for sale but I was not convinced by the pix - it looks like one of the cheap JL rep I bought previously but never got wrist time... Anyway, feedback from these Vulcain is welcomed!

208208-119.jpg

I found some 'reps' (in fact, copies of famous models but under a different brand) on the internet but each has an obvious flaw:

- This Vulcain copy does not have a functionning inter bezel. It's gorgeous though, and has an alarm function... too bad...

208208-120.jpg

- This one, which seems to be inspired by a PP design, is a functionning world time but look at the inter bezel. How can a manufacturer dare to distribute a product with such a flaw??! It sells pretty well on the bay though, looks like people won't notice...

208208-121.jpg

I also have been looking at the cheap gens. This Citizen is the best under $200 but still, it looks cheap:

208208-122.jpg

I even checked at vintages... This Seiko 6117-6420is a great watch but hard to find on a very good condition (and expensive):

208208-123.jpg

Just for the pleasure of the eyes, the PP and the GP of my dreams...

208208-124.jpg

208208-125.jpg

well there are tons of ww.tc versions but this is just one the best...

Edited by tag

- This one, which seems to be inspired by a PP design, is a functionning world time but look at the inter bezel. How can a manufacturer dare to distribute a product with such a flaw??! It sells pretty well on the bay though, looks like people won't notice...

208243-114.jpg

What is the problem with the inner bezel?

Edit: Ok, I see the rotating bezel numbers aren't lining up with the hour markers...

What is the problem with the inner bezel?

Edit: Ok, I see the rotating bezel numbers aren't lining up with the hour markers...

No no...

The hours marked from 6 to 18 are black while the ones marked from 18 to 6 are white.

It should be reverse. Usually we represent the day in white and the night in black.

No no...

The hours marked from 6 to 18 are black while the ones marked from 18 to 6 are white.

It should be reverse. Usually we represent the day in white and the night in black.

I was looking more at "LANGELES". Where the hell is that? Is that in France somewhere? "We are from France." At least the Patek has a period which is bad enough on a watch like that.

/Tim

I really like the crown of that Timex, where did you find this image?

I did a google search and couln't find this watch.

Thanks!

I was looking more at "LANGELES". Where the hell is that? Is that in France somewhere? "We are from France." At least the Patek has a period which is bad enough on a watch like that.

/Tim

ah ah

I know there is Paris in Texas but don't know about Los Angeles in France.... :-O

Anyway, the point between the L and Angeles is quite clear to me.

No issue here.