When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Total "defective" watch count

elprimerozen

55 total watches

20 with little flaws

approx 15 defective watches... 7 with asia 7750 and 3 with asia unitas 6497 and 2 with asian skeleton unitas.

never problems with eta 2836-2 or venus copy.

I've bought 5, 2 have had something wrong with them!

1 Ultimate Planet Ocean, crown problem, fixed by dealer!!

2 PAM 036, movement failed, fixed by dealer, movement failed again had to buy a new movement at $88 from dealer!

3 PAm 113 screw threads stripped quickly but otherwise fine

4. Noobmariner no probs

5. "Swiss ETA" Sub no probs

I,ve purchased over 30 Reps in past two years. Mostly from dealers on our boards, and a few from members. Only had "1" one issue , and that was from a dealer , but it wasn't the watch it was the band (ss+gold link, gold color was off and the dealer rectified). Maybe I'm lucky but I feel all our dealers are very good , at least in my transactions........JKT

First, I think you need to define "totaly deffective".

I have purchased about 10 reps (mostly from Angus) and I have received only one that I needed to return for an exchange.

I wouldnt call it "totaly defective" but there was one glaring issue that needed to be adressed.

Guess I have been lucky!

One returned because the chrono did not function. One asian automatic died after a couple of months.

That is out of ab. 17 watches over the last 2.5 years.

I consider myself fortunate, because both of my defective watches were inexpensive, in the very low $100 range. And since the dealer refunded my purchase on the first watch, the total out of pocket loss is quite low.

Of my better reps, only two have required minor ($50 or less) mechanical repairs, which I probably could have handled myself if had the eyes/dexterity/knowledge/tools.

I don't know what the thread total is.

4 reps, two failures - The first a Zenith, the month dial lasted one day of use before it wouldnt move when button pushed, got a replacement next day, this lasted one year before it happened again ( but as bought from Moscow Metro shop, too far to return!)

Other noobmariner bought for Xmas, the date dial locked up and wouldnt move after one week and I noticed the back was loose, took it off, no o ring or anything - somewhat worrying, a duffer, got a replacement which is ok but gains a minute a day..... :o

We all saw how many reps are out there!

Now lets see how many of these watches came defective to us!Add yours to the list.

My defective was 3.

Total 3.

2 Defective out of 5 Purchased.

Bell & Ross 01-92 - Dead On Arrival

Omega SMP - Crown problem