When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Reps

keithc

As much as I want it too - I gave up hope...

After having 20+ versions of a single model - the market is squeezed up.

Only a hardcore fan would buy his 15th 111 or a 23th Submariner...

Said that - I definately would buy one (but only an Ultimate with REAL improvements...).

The same question could be asked for a Submariner - one of the best-selling reps ever.

Compare it to an IWC Ingenieur, Hublot BB, AP Chrono, Breitling SO - do you realize HOW

EASY it would be to make an 1:1 Submariner compared to the watches I stated ?

But they just don't do it - and nobody can answer why.

Back to Topic: compare again in your mind how simple a 111 is when thinking about the above

watches which are replicated much better...

I figured after the CNY we would see some more of the so called "super reps"....I would really like to see a great version of the PAM 111...It seems kinda dead in terms of new updated products....

we have 20 different PAM 111 versions... we need more?

we have 20 ultimative Submariners... with serviced movement... with correct A , correct B and correct C.. and more?

i think we need finally this IWC Pilot 5004 or NOTHING.

it

But they just don't do it - and nobody can answer why.

while a date font pisses you off and the dealers come up with another cheap one but with ABSOLUTLY BETTER date font, just wouldnt you buy one more? :)

think :]

I'm all for a 'perfect' rep, but i can live with the flaws. I'd much rather see new reps of previously un-replicated watches than new versions of watches we can already get.

I have no idea how hard or easy to reproduce a watch but i know lots of people are disappointed when they see their newly purchase have flaws especially those who paid a premium to get a so called "ultimate" or "prefect" version. I guess we have to remind ourself that no matter what they call it they are still a REP and we know the factories in CN don't have very good quality control and sometimes I wonder the very same dealer may have more than one factory to supply the same watch so the QC is even harder to maintain.

Since there's no "standard" as what kinds of workmanship to be qualified as "ultimate or prefect". My guess is the dealer see the market exist so they try to make some improvement and call it "prefect". There's no doubt those watches are little better than the noob/beginner model but is the improvement really at the "prefect" level yet and more important is the higher price justified? I guess we have to decide it before making any purchases..... anyway, the key is don't let your expectation goes too high just because they are called "Ultimate"

On our dealers' side, I think they should have a better control to the product if they decide to call it "prefect". Even they are not 100% like gen (as we all know that) at least they shouldn't have some obvious flaws like they have in the normal version, I also think a personal inspection to the "prefect/Ult." version before they ship out is not too much to ask for the premium a buyer willing to pay.

Agreed. Improved versions of existing watches are nice... But I'd like to see some watches that have never been repped make a debut.

:)

I would have thought it would be worth having a new, non-exploding version of any seconds-at-six model, such as IWC Portuguses Chrono. That really would be a rep revolution.

I would have thought it would be worth having a new, non-exploding version of any seconds-at-six model, such as IWC Portuguses Chrono. That really would be a rep revolution.

We have a IWC portugieser chrono :animal_rooster:

Personally I have seen a lot of new and very expensive reps come out, but quality does not really seem to be any better. Still a lot of the same stupid faults.

really? have you read the reviews on (or better yet, purchased one and seen it with your own eyes) the breitling chronomat evolution (to pick just one)? please point out all the same stupid faults for me.

Yesterday was a historic occasion for Perfect-Clones, marking the arrival of the replica with the most functioning complacations.

211687-16533.jpg

211687-16534.jpg

Interesting as a design experiment, but questionable as an aesthetic one. Could this be the starting point for good things to come in '07?