When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling purcahse, have a question....

Deacon

I plan on oredering a Chrono Avenger fron Joshua tomorrow. It's the stainless steel one, black face. He told me to go with the SS and not the titanium. He said it was a better rep and had a better movement, both asian, but the SS had the better movement, but is more expensive than the titanium. I'm use to paying more for Ti.?

This is my first Breitling, is Joshua the best for this or do I need to look else where. I don't know my Breit. reps as well as others. I know that Joshua has a wonderfull reputation, and he is a tad more expensive, but I want the best Breit. rep I can get and I want a good dealer that will handle problems if they do arise.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Deacon

first off, you should know the ss chrono avenger is a fantasy model (ie. breitling never made a polished ss version). that being said, i think joshua is being totally honest with you -- it is a much better watch compared to the current titanium chrono avenger (see next paragraph below for details), and everyone i've read that has bought that watch has been really happy with it, regardless of the fact it is a fantasy model.

you should also know that there are two versions of the titanium chrono avenger out there. the new titanium chrono avenger (which pretty much everyone has in stock these days) sucks; there was a better version with the old asian 7750 that had quality AR and a better pearl to name a few things.

if you want the best breitling rep you can get, then imho you should go for the breitling chronomat evolution. i went for the white face version and am really happy with it. you can see my pictures here; there are tons of pictures of the graphite dial version in the breitling are too.

hope this helps.

deltatahoe

This might help you to find the Breitling you want:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Community-Guide-...cas-t12678.html

And from now on... any chance of posting the Breitling stuff and questions to the Breitling section... NOT to General Discussion? Thanks. :)

I have both! But the SS version is without doubt the best! At least when it comes to apperance the ss version is the winner! VERY happy with it, solid heavy good looking watch. I dont care if it is a fantasy watch :)

You can see some of my pics here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Strap-For-Chrono...ger-t19744.html

Edited by skjalg

first off, you should know the ss chrono avenger is a fantasy model (ie. breitling never made a polished ss version). that being said, i think joshua is being totally honest with you -- it is a much better watch compared to the current titanium chrono avenger (see next paragraph below for details), and everyone i've read that has bought that watch has been really happy with it, regardless of the fact it is a fantasy model.

you should also know that there are two versions of the titanium chrono avenger out there. the new titanium chrono avenger (which pretty much everyone has in stock these days) sucks; there was a better version with the old asian 7750 that had quality AR and a better pearl to name a few things.

if you want the best breitling rep you can get, then imho you should go for the breitling chronomat evolution. i went for the white face version and am really happy with it. you can see my pictures here; there are tons of pictures of the graphite dial version in the breitling are too.

hope this helps.

deltatahoe

Agree totally with the feedback to go for the Breitling Chronomat Evolution.

I asked exactly the same questions about the Chrono Avenger, received the same feedback and eventually decided on the Chronomat Evolution. I went for the graphite with the additional leather strap from Angus. Absolutely delighted with my purchase and all thanks to these guys.

Listen to their advice and you wont go far wrong.

Del....

Guys, thank you for your help, it is truely appreciated. I know that the SS is a fantasy watch, but this is a gift for my father in law and he liked the Chrono Avenger over the Evolution, due to the hour markers. From what you guys have told me I would get the Evo., but since it is for him I will get the SS one that Joshua recommended. But.... several people have recommended Angus for the Breitlings, do I need to reconsider Joshua for this purchase? Thanks agian for your help.

i personally wouldn't think twice about buying anything from joshua (except maybe a 1:1 bell&ross :whistling: ). i've bought the majority of my reps from him (including a breitling navitimer), and have been nothing but pleased with his communication, products, and most of all, after sale service.

my .02

deltatahoe