When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep 24mm Buckle "PANERAI" ?

Pam-O-licious

It's months now that I am constantly checking eBay for 24-mm 'Panerai' buckles.

No luck so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Unsure about the topic. But my 217 from Eddie is the 26mm strap and buckle and I have the PANERAI engraved centered on the buckle.

26mm? You're absolutely sure?

217 and 127 straps taper to 24mm at the buckle end. The smaller straps that are 24mm at the lugs taper to 22mm.

Could you measure the lug with the wrong end of the strap?

hmmm...my 217 buckle definitely doesn't taper to 24mm at the buckle end. it has panerai printed on the side of the buckle (not centered) -- it's currently on my 26/26 europelli shell cordovan. i did buy my 217 from sichuan however (i could be the only person on this forum that is able to claim that title), that could have something to do with it.... :g:

26mm? You're absolutely sure?

217 and 127 straps taper to 24mm at the buckle end. The smaller straps that are 24mm at the lugs taper to 22mm.

Could you measure the lug with the wrong end of the strap?

No taper.. 26/26 with 26mm buckle.

WHat kind of buckle do you want? Screw in or sewn-in?

Because since there is no OEM screw-in 24mm PANERAI buckle.. thats the reason there is no Rep..

I am looking for a Screw in 24mm

If anyone can point me in the right direction.. I would buy right away :)

Edited by RonCast

Davidsen makes a 24mm screw in buckle that has the logo and says Panerai. They look pretty good but since Panerai does not, and has never made a 24mm screw in buckle,its not a copy of a genuine. They look fine so who cares, i have one and i like it............If you email davidsen at (davidsenjpn@yahoo.com), he can show you where to check out some pics of it..........I hope this helps. Cheers, Wan

Davidsen makes a 24mm screw in buckle that has the logo and says Panerai. They look pretty good but since Panerai does not, and has never made a 24mm screw in buckle,its not a copy of a genuine. They look fine so who cares, i have one and i like it............If you email davidsen at (davidsenjpn@yahoo.com), he can show you where to check out some pics of it..........I hope this helps. Cheers, Wan

Thanks I will check with him...

I also have a 217 that came with a black croc 26/26 with screw-in buckle with paneria off center engraved.

But then I bought the 47mm sub's black rubber strap and that one is 26/24 tapered and also has a screw-in buckle with panerai engraved in the center.

I know the gen panerai rubber straps on the 47mm subs are also tapered and DO have a gen 24mm panerai engraved buckle, just like the one that comes on the gen 194, 225 and 187.

Check the links for proof:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panerai-PAM187-47mm-Ch...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panerai-PAM225-Slytech...1QQcmdZViewItem

I think I'm kind of reading that the Gen 24 engraved are not supposed to have the screw in's?

All four of my buckles engraved have screw-in and my 24 GPF from DON is a spring buckle.

On that note, I have found one local place in town that is able to do hand engraving of any design on my DON buckle. As no Machine engraving place will take on normal lettering. This is because of the shape(s) of the various Panerai buckles that cannot sit steady in the vice grip.

Still working on modifying the OP logo to my initials and having that design put on.

221913-14239.jpg

Edited by BigSlickAK

I also have a 217 that came with a black croc 26/26 with screw-in buckle with paneria off center engraved.

But then I bought the 47mm sub's black rubber strap and that one is 26/24 tapered and also has a screw-in buckle with panerai engraved in the center.

I know the gen panerai rubber straps on the 47mm subs are also tapered and DO have a gen 24mm panerai engraved buckle, just like the one that comes on the gen 194, 225 and 187.

No they are not.. They tapper from 26mm to 22mm... hence the buckle is 22mm and not 24.

Plus Davidsen's 24mm buckle is awfuly engraved... A plain one from aftermarket dealers will be much better if you ask me.