When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My So Called Perfect Sub...

teknotronik

Just placed an order for a "so called perfect sub" from Paul... i want to know what would make this watch any better? Im thinking of getting a gen crown... besides this what else could i add to this watch to make it closer to a gen sub. I was looking at gen dials but $200 is a bit out of what i would want to spend on a rep watch. if anyone has any suggestions let me know, thanks.

like PP says, first is the gen crown and tube, the rep crown is too BIG.

Then it's the gen bezel insert, but this could be tricky. People have been having trouble getting the bezel off without damaging it. So you might be able to remove the movement and dial, pop the crystal out and then remove the insert from the top side w/o removing the bezel ring. Then you'd fit the gen insert in (probably have to do a fair amount of filing to make it fit) and glue it up.

Then repress the crystal, and put the movement and dial back in.

Oh, while changing the crown and tube, don't forget to trim the insides of the crown guards a little- square them up so to speak.

The only other problem is the slim rehaut, but you can't do anything about that.

And if you were to only change the crown and tube and trim the cg's, leaving the bezel insert as is, you'd still have a very nice watch for a great price.